PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Toshiba Installation problem.

Benchwerk
May 20th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hello,

I'm seriously new to the linux OS way of life, but have fallen madly in love with Ubuntu.

I have a desktop machine running Ubuntu faultlessly, and as a result i decided to install Ubuntu as a partitioned option to my Laptop alongside XP pro which is already on it (XP is required for Cad software unfortunately).

The Ubuntu Live Cd boots up as normal, and i get to choose my language. a few moments later after the Ubuntu Bar does its loading thing, I am faced with the Time Zone selection screen, at which point my cursor is a pixel explosion.

I can see the 'next' button highlight when i hover the pixel mass over it so I'm guessing its a Graphics card issue.

Shortly after it all crashes and stays frozen until i hold the power button down till it powers off.

I tried installing again, and still the same over and over.

My Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite M60 using a Nvidia Geforce Go 6600 graphics card.

Any help in resolving this 'lovers tiff' of mine would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading this.

iaculallad
May 20th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Had you tried using the Ubuntu Alternate LiveCD? Or the Wubi installer for Hardy LiveCD?

Here's a guide on using the Wubi: http://www.howtoforge.com/wubi_ubuntu_on_windows

Benchwerk
May 24th, 2008, 12:13 AM
iaculallad, you have solved my problem!!

I now running both systems from my laptop faultlessly!

Thankyou very much for your help

iaculallad
May 24th, 2008, 05:45 AM
iaculallad, you have solved my problem!!

I now running both systems from my laptop faultlessly!

Thankyou very much for your help

No problem, Im glad to help. Go Ubuntu