PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Two Drives which should I install Ubuntu on for Dual Boot

linuxology
May 20th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I have two 250 GB drives. One (C:) that has Windows XP installed on with all the programs installed. The other drive is D: that stores all my data files. Which should I install Ubuntu on ? I am going to throw 60 GB of space towards the install of Ubuntu and have the space on both drives available. Which should I put in on and why? I am new to Ubuntu and would like the best setup. I was thinking of putting it on D: even though I have less space on it because if one drive died I would still have the other drive correct? I may be wrong though. I have a substantial amount of more space on the C: drive which Windows resides, but I can always move data from the data drive to the windows drive to balance things out. Thanks to all who post.

iaculallad
May 20th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Anywhere you want it installed, be it on Drive C or D, it does not make any difference. You could always use the partition manager which comes pre-built on the LiveCD to do the partitioning (adjust the partition) to give Ubuntu some space to for installation.
Peep in here (http://www.howtoforge.com/dual_boot_windows_xp_vista_ubuntu_feisty) to get an idea on creating a dual boot PC.

linuxology
May 20th, 2008, 03:22 AM
which would u recommend?

linuxology
May 20th, 2008, 03:26 AM
Which would be the best setup in your opinion?

iaculallad
May 20th, 2008, 03:28 AM
which would u recommend?

Allocate at least, 30GB on your Drive D for Ubuntu to reside.