PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No Screen Dimming - Bad Battery Life..

Skerious
May 19th, 2008, 11:05 PM
On Toshiba Laptop Running latest Ubuntu dual boot with XP.

Have no ability to dim my lcd screen. tried Fn+F6/F7 that are my laptops dimming control. Have reduce backlight dimness enabled in the power manager....but it is always on full brightness.

I have a feeling this is contributing to my poor battery life as well (10 minutes or so)

any help is appreciated.

I am new to this for the most part.

Skerious
May 20th, 2008, 09:29 PM
No one else has this issue? Unable to control screen brightness or terrible battery life. help!

Ericwt
May 20th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I have a laptop toshiba a45 s2501 my battery will last 2.5 hrs on 8.04 Ubuntu.
There is a battery setting in the bios to save battery it dims the screen and after 3 min blanks the screen.Also slows processor.
To get to bios boot and hold esc key then hit F1 you have three options under battery. Wondering is your battery any good.

Eric

Skerious
May 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM
I have a laptop toshiba a45 s2501 my battery will last 2.5 hrs on 8.04 Ubuntu.
There is a battery setting in the bios to save battery it dims the screen and after 3 min blanks the screen.Also slows processor.
To get to bios boot and hold esc key then hit F1 you have three options under battery. Wondering is your battery any good.

Eric

Works fine under windows. While running on uduntu...will not dim screen - nothing. I can't even find an option to dim the screen in Ubuntu.

hmarkg
October 4th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm also having the same problem as you gays.
I came accross this post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=533673&highlight=laptop+lcd+dimming) but the problem is that i do not know have to continue as in how to i use the two attached files.?