PDA

View Full Version : aMSN

blithen
May 19th, 2008, 05:48 PM
So it's seems there's lots of talk of Emesene. But hasn't anyone heard of aMSN? It has a tons of other features over emesene (Though I will admit the GUI is HORRID) But I like the features the best. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only person using it. :P

Sand & Mercury
May 19th, 2008, 05:51 PM
I have tried it and it does seem to work pretty well, but the GUI issue is precisely why I prefer Emesene over it.

Mazza558
May 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
emesene all the way here. GUI and range of plugins is the reason for me.

Lapp-Same
May 19th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Amsn

Amsn is the best program for the MSN! i dont like the other programs for MSN :( But kopete is very good for all the other stuffs like Irc and soo on.. :) :D

perce
May 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I use aMSN all the time! The GUI is horrible if you use the version in the repository. Here are instruction on how to install the new one with an OK GUI:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=649364&highlight=amsn+antialiasing

Xanatos Craven
May 19th, 2008, 05:59 PM
It would be alright if aMSN was as out of place as a Qt program in GNOME, but it's far worse than that. Absolute eyesore. Emesene (or Carrier, if they can make Pidgin's MSN not suck) is really my only option.

RiceMonster
May 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Emesene does everything I want it to and doesn't look so ugly like aMSN does. It does now playing, custom emoticons, and I an MSN messenger style notification. The only advantage I saw with aMSN was that it had webcam support, but I don't use a webcam. I don't think it does the nowplaying thing that emesene does with a plugin though.

shifty2
May 19th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Emesene has webcam support if you use the svn version - it is still buggy and laggy but you can recieve webcam (still not able to send).