PDA

View Full Version : Quakecon: Who's going?

Luke has no name
May 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Anyone else going to Quakecon? July 31 - August 3, 2008 in Dallas, Texas. http://quakecon.org for all the info!

Id is a decent maker of Linux-compatible games, and a lot of us dual-boot, so I'm wondering how many people plan to attend. I'm definitely trying to get a few friends to drive up from Houston and spend a few days at the BYOC. I'm saving up to have some fun there.

Doom 3, Quake Wars, and other id games are promoted, and John will speak at the LAN. You can play any games you want there (minus MMOs), and even set up unofficial tournaments (within reason, and no prizes :( )

I'll be playing UT2k4, Nexuiz, Source, and maybe TF2 (I don't own it yet).

blithen
May 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I've always been a huge quake fan, sadly however I've never actually gone, but maybe one of these years.

Anduu
May 19th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I am a huge fan of anything by idsoftware.I was hardcore into Quake2 and Quake3 in their day.

Sadly I have never had the opportunity to attend an event and probably never will due to geographical logistics.I am way up here in Canada and they are way down there in the US.

:(

Luke has no name
May 19th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Oh come on, there are people from all over the world coming! Sell your car and fly down.

Anduu
May 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well if someone is volunteering to pay my wages for the weekend I'll gladly come :p

Luke has no name
May 19th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Overtime. Do it.

th3t1nm4n
June 20th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I'll be in attendance as "TinMan" of clan "ACACA", I'm entered in BYOC too.