PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] lost data

blake7
May 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM
i downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Edition.

which is the frist time i have used anything like this, have to how great it to be part of this world now.

but i did soming very very bad, i went back into windows think i keep it just in case, so i thought i clean it out to move all my documents eta, over into Ubuntu and then i clear out all u wanted stuff and yes i saw ubuntu file in my window xp.
i thought that it was now not beeing used and delete the file(oh my buddha)
i cant load Ubuntu Desktop Edition now their fore cant get to all my files. can any one please please can help.
it very inportant.

at best to make it run again or wrost to try to get my documant back.

if we cant resovle this by email, i live in london and caould meet up with someone.

thank u

songtsenkampo
May 19th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Did you use Wubi to install Ubuntu? If so, you've probably deleted the Ubuntu installation permanently. Did you check the Recycle Bin? I've never used Wubi but I would imagine your documents could be retrieved if the Ubuntu folder is still in the Recycle Bin.

i downloaded Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Edition.

which is the frist time i have used anything like this, have to how great it to be part of this world now.

but i did soming very very bad, i went back into windows think i keep it just in case, so i thought i clean it out to move all my documents eta, over into Ubuntu and then i clear out all u wanted stuff and yes i saw ubuntu file in my window xp.
i thought that it was now not beeing used and delete the file(oh my buddha)
i cant load Ubuntu Desktop Edition now their fore cant get to all my files. can any one please please can help.
it very inportant.

at best to make it run again or wrost to try to get my documant back.

if we cant resovle this by email, i live in london and caould meet up with someone.

thank u