PDA

View Full Version : CatB or Other

Kymac
May 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
After coming home from my university, I decided to snoop around a used book store I saw. There, I found a copy of The Cathedral and the Bazaar by Eric Raymond. It was only for ~$5 (used), so I bought it.

This summer I decided to do some summer reading. I was nominated to be a webmaster for an organization I'm in (which, btw, I don't know anything about web programming, or being a webmaster). Also, I was thinking about applying to work at my univerity's tech help desk in the spring of next year, so I was thinking about reading an A+ certification book. Among those, I'd like to also learn some other computer-related things this summer.

I was curious as to what project I should begin reading about. I was thinking CatB (likely being the shortest) would be a good place to start, but I heard it contains a bit of technical writing that I may or may not understand. Therefore, I would think the A+ cert. book among other technical books would be a better place to start, but those are the longest and take the most time. Also, the website thing is the only thing I must do this summer, so maybe it'd be good to get that out of the way.

Sorry if this seems like an odd post, I would just like yall's opinions, as well as if there's any other books, etc., yall would recommend me reading when I'm done.