PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed KDE4 on Ubuntu 8.04 but icons...

necronzero
May 18th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Icons are not showing for the KDE4 programs, only blanks, I installed Ubuntu 8.04 and then KDE4, THOUGH when i switch to KDE4 desktop, the icons show normally, what can i do to fix the icons in Gnome???

Happy_Man
May 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
That's just how the icons show up in GNOME. If you really, really want to fix this, right-click your menu in GNOME, go to Edit Menus, find the entry for the program you want the icon for, right-click, properties, click the blank icon box in the dialog that pops up, and go icon-hunting. Best of luck.

necronzero
May 18th, 2008, 04:14 PM
That's just how the icons show up in GNOME. If you really, really want to fix this, right-click your menu in GNOME, go to Edit Menus, find the entry for the program you want the icon for, right-click, properties, click the blank icon box in the dialog that pops up, and go icon-hunting. Best of luck.

Where can i find the icons XD?

Mhurst1
May 18th, 2008, 04:15 PM

Thats why Gnome is the worst DE!

Happy_Man
May 18th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Try looking in ~/.kde4 or in the kde4 install directory (usually /opt/kde4)

necronzero
May 18th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Thats why Gnome is the worst DE!
GNOME PWNS

Try looking in ~/.kde4 or in the kde4 install directory (usually /opt/kde4)

theres no KDE in Opt