PDA

View Full Version : I am talking to jono bacon on facebook chat, what sould I say

barbedsaber
May 18th, 2008, 01:08 PM
well?

barbedsaber
May 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
its too late now, but I might see him again one day.

Τitus
May 18th, 2008, 01:29 PM
its too late now, but I might see him again one day.

someday we all meet again :)

DoctorMO
May 18th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I'd go with "Hello, how are you" but I'm a traditionalist. Some like the more modern "Yo bro!"

Why are you asking advice about what to say to someone (even if that someone is the community leader for ubuntu) he's not a god.

quinnten83
May 18th, 2008, 02:25 PM
wait what?? He isn't?
I thought he was the god of ubuntu harmony, enforcing it with screeching sounds of hard metal.
Be gentle and harmonious or be punished by listening to death metal!!!
Your ears will bleed...!

*disclaimer: to each their own. this post is submitted as parody. Although I don't particularly like death metal, I respect that others do and have a choice to listen to it.

Rotarychainsaw
May 18th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Tell him to get to work on Jokosher.

Tomosaur
May 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Tell him to get to work on Jokosher.

Don't worry, I've been getting a lot of dev mailing list updates in my inbox lately, so things must be moving ahead. I wrote a bit for it a while ago which fixed a bunch of stuff, but I never submitted it (Lazy), I might check out the latest snapshot and see how far it's come :)

barbedsaber
May 19th, 2008, 08:31 AM
he's there again, what should I say?

frup
May 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Ubuntu celebrity edition huh?

Tomosaur
May 19th, 2008, 12:35 PM
he's there again, what should I say?

What's the problem? Just say hello.

PartisanEntity
May 19th, 2008, 01:01 PM
What's the problem? Just say hello.

+1

fatality_uk
May 19th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Or simply ask
1) Goaty!!! :D
2) Tron guy, ohh odd :p

If your not conducting an interview, just shoot the brezze. He's flesh and blood like the rest of us, with the exception of LaRoza who as we all know is part machine :D

quinnten83
May 19th, 2008, 01:39 PM
well, if you are conducting an interview you should plan it better than this.
throwing an announcement on the forums and then expecting people to actually read it on time doesn't work.
if you are interrested in question he could be asked next time you speak to him, I will gladly write them here.

PartisanEntity
May 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Or just ask anything you would be interested to know. Talking to another human being doesn't usually require a council of advisers :)

quinnten83
May 19th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Maybe he is just really really shy....
(I don't mean Jono).

Although I think Jono bacon is one of the kewlest ppl evah!
He has such a calm collected voice on LUGradio.

saulgoode
May 19th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Ask him if he's ever been in a movie with Kevin... or a movie with an actor who was in a movie with Kevin... or a movie with an actor who was in a movie with an actor who was in a movie with Kevin... ... ... ...

popch
May 19th, 2008, 03:43 PM
If you have something you feel you must say, say it. If not, don't.

Technoviking
May 22nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Talk about Death Metal or ducks, he likes them equally.

Flying caveman
May 25th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I don't know who Jono Bacon is. Can, he tell me if all these e-mails will stop if I un-subscribe to facebook?