PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Beginning GTK question - actions for radio buttons

anewguy
May 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Please bear with a beginner here :)

I have successfully defined a series of radio buttons and they show when the program is run and I can click them. My only problem is I have no idea how to set up callbacks when they are clicked.

I searched the net, and it seemed to say I needed to use gtk_signal_connect. I have it just on the first 2 buttons to test. For the first button, it is as follows:

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (find_button), "clicked",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (do_init), (gpointer *) find_button);

where the button name is find_button

The callback is:

extern int CAM_TYPE;

void do_init()
{
do_logmsg("In do_init");
return;
}

For the 2nd button, where the button name is open_button, it is as follows:

gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (open_button), "clicked",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (do_open), (gpointer *) open_button);

The callback is:

extern int CAM_TYPE;

void do_open()
{
do_logmsg("In do_open");
return;
}

When I click the find_button, it does indeed issue a message saying "In do_init. But when I then click the open_button, instead of saying "In do_open" it issues the message "In do_init" again, as if it is either ignoring the open_button, or perhaps it processes an "unclick" (forgive me) of the find_button as a click event and then skips the open_button.

Or, more than likey, I am simply doing something stupid. It's my first try at a set of radio buttons (they all belong to the same button group but each is individually named).

Help!!?? :):):)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: More digging and playing around showed I need to use "pressed" instead of "clicked", since with that changed everything seems to work.