PDA

View Full Version : I wish I wish I wish

MPagoPago
May 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I wish that my employers could be convinced to go with open source software.

They issued me a new laptop, bless their hearts. But, it's running Windows Vista and....what is up with this. I'll plug in a USB mouse, Vista detects it, all is well. But after using it for about 30 minutes, the mouse just goes dark, and Vista says "USB device not recognized"???????? DUH, you've been driving it for 30 minutes, you POS!!!!

I'm totally Ubuntu at home, and I don't like having this thing here. I'm afraid it might be contagious.

smoker
May 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
install ubuntu and dual boot

schauerlich
May 17th, 2008, 11:16 PM
install ubuntu and dual boot

Or Wubi, so you can uninstall it easily if they don't like it.

LaRoza
May 17th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I wish that my employers could be convinced to go with open source software.

They issued me a new laptop, bless their hearts. But, it's running Windows Vista and....what is up with this. I'll plug in a USB mouse, Vista detects it, all is well. But after using it for about 30 minutes, the mouse just goes dark, and Vista says "USB device not recognized"???????? DUH, you've been driving it for 30 minutes, you POS!!!!

I'm totally Ubuntu at home, and I don't like having this thing here. I'm afraid it might be contagious.

If you don't own the laptop, don't do anything to it. You can ask them if you can alter it. They may have paid for software on it and may require it to be used.

Try asking if you can change it, maybe they will let you. At least a dual boot.

gameryoshi600
May 18th, 2008, 02:09 AM
wubi. like the edavidburg said.

EdThaSlayer
May 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Sue Microsoft, or at least complain to them. Maybe looking for new mouse drivers will help?
But going to Ubuntu is the much easier less stressful way. :D

hardyn
May 18th, 2008, 04:31 AM
like said above... some companies are really finnicky about there hardware; my friend works for an oil company and alterations to his company laptop are a dismissable offence... ASK FIRST!