View Full Version : Need replacement fan for nVidia GFX card.

October 21st, 2005, 01:01 AM
I have a Gforce 5700 Ultra that has killed a fan. I know you can replace the fan but the only sources I could find were NewEgg. The power wire off the fan is a 2-wire connector and the ones there were three as far as I could see/tell.


October 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
The third is for fan control - I guess, if you have only two than your fan doesn't allow you to control its speed. I was always reluctant about chaning fans, because I feared to damage my card.
Yet it should have gotten better - I guess it's best, you find a nice and quite replacement fan without speed control and give it a try.

October 21st, 2005, 01:19 AM
Thing is the card only has 2 pins also. Doesnt look like it will accept a 3-pin connector.

October 21st, 2005, 01:28 AM
Thing is the card only has 2 pins also. Doesnt look like it will accept a 3-pin connector.
It won't, you need a special gfx card fan. I'm surprised Newegg doesn't have one. I know you can get special coolers for your card, but theyre far more than what you need on your 5700. I'll repost if I can find anything.


October 21st, 2005, 02:25 AM

It's what I will use- just took off the (Shrot circuting!) fan and left the heatsync. Have a desk fan blowing in an open slot at the moment....

It is in my loudest Pc.....

October 21st, 2005, 02:30 AM
Sorry man. I need something that is on-the-card.

October 21st, 2005, 02:46 AM
Really, your best bet is ebay.

October 21st, 2005, 02:54 AM
The Zalman VGA Dual-heatpipe ZM80D-HP is what you want to replace the damn thing - I have an earlier model on my card, it rocks, and they're fairly cheap as well.

as for replacing fans, I can't recommend it, but if you find one that fit and has the correct specs it's no hard task to attach the 2 plug connector to the 3 wire fan - just leave out the one that's used to monitor rpms (red and black are current wires normally so that makes guessing a whole lot easier :) ) - I have the fan + heatsink from my old ti-4820 if you want it it's your for postage altough I'm quite sure it's insufficent for the card you have.