PDA

View Full Version : Where to Attend - 2008

MaindotC
May 16th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I attended the M$ Server 2008 Unveiling in Rochester, NY today. It was pretty cool - I learned a lot and Longhorn actually has some cool features. I got bombarded with advertising and blindly gave out my personal information...erm...I mean registration information and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I couldn't go to the developers forum.

I'd really like to attend some Linux or Open-Source stuff this summer. Where do you find events to attend or conferences - stuff like that? I checked the Ubuntu events in the wiki but it wasn't really the same thing.

Other than DEFCON, can you think of anything coming up over the summer that I can attend, hopefully in or around NY? Can you show me some places to find events like these for the open-source community? Thanks!

MaindotC
May 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I'm reporting your post. I have no idea why you posted because you obviously didn't make an attempt to answer my question. Just thought I'd let you know.

MaindotC
May 19th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Bump

cardinals_fan
May 19th, 2008, 04:30 AM
How about NYCBSDCon: http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2008/ ?

frup
May 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
some .tld's for linuxevents or parked but not actually sites.
as are ossevents and opensourceevents

fossevents.org is taken and goes to an apache test screen

A shame really... but something like that would be cool with news and info all round the world especially if each LUG could register a space and calender...

I'd actually attempt it but I am broke as at the moment.

MaindotC
May 19th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Well you guys gave me some start points and I appreciate that. I dunno about the NYC conference - but it is somewhat close :) Thanks and I'm still looking :)