PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Drivers?

AilesGrises
May 16th, 2008, 06:05 AM
where can I download Ubuntu drivers for my wifi card etc.? The wifi acts a little weird and so does the mouse.

Also, youtube isn't working and I'd like to get it working >.< I have no idea how, and I need it explained in the most basic terms possible >.>

Another thing is, how do I update?

And, is Ubuntu normally less efficient than windows? My professional windows XP worked fine with firefox azureus and winamp running, but Ubuntu can't handle music box and bittorrent (It freezes)

(I guess I should've revised the title to indicate I was asking a bunch of questions >.<)

kesman
May 16th, 2008, 06:08 AM
For flash, search for flash plugin in synaptic package manager and install it. For your wlan, look in system->administration->hardware drivers.

AilesGrises
May 16th, 2008, 06:35 AM
"Starting without administrative privelages

You will not be able to apply any any changes. But you can still export the marked changes or create a download script for them"
That's what is said when I tried to apply patches from synaptic.

How do I fix it so I have administrative abilities for everything? I'm the only one using this comp.

kesman
May 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM
It should ask for your password when you open synaptic. Are you by the way running the LiveCD or is the system fully installed?

adult swim
May 16th, 2008, 06:46 AM
first go to the synaptic pacakge mangager system/administration/synaptic package manager and then click on settings/repositories. make sure that the first four boxes are checked and then click close. opne up a terminal, applications/accessories/terminal and type in
sudo apt-get update to get the flash working go to a terminal and type in
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
as far as ubuntu crashing with bt and music playing, you have a problem there. im not sure what is going on with that but i bet there are people that can help.