PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Make the Customization tips and tricks forum pre-post moderated

arnieboy
October 20th, 2005, 07:18 PM
It would be a good idea if all new threads in the Customization Tips and Tricks forum pass thru a moderator's approval before it actually appears on the forum. That way, we wont have people posting questions there (I think some of them do it deliberately to get attention). All that the mod needs to do is to make sure is that its indeed a Howto (doesnt matter whether it works or not) and then let it be posted on the forum. The customization tips and tricks is arguably the most important part of this whole site and it needs to be lean and effective (artifacts of questions (moved to other sections) makes it look unclean and unattractive).
I do hope this idea is approved and implemented.

kassetra
October 20th, 2005, 08:04 PM
... yeah, that does sound like a good idea....

.... hmmm maybe with a lock on the post and then a link to a discussion outside of that area as well...

Let me talk with the other admins about this... that's an effective idea.

benplaut
October 21st, 2005, 07:44 AM
i concur* that's a great idea

*Konkur ported to GTK

pelago
October 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Alternatively, is there a way you can hide the 'Moved' threads? On one page of 20 threads there were 8 moved threads! I don't quite understand the point of the Move system if it still shows the thread in the original location too...

arnieboy
October 21st, 2005, 08:45 PM
... yeah, that does sound like a good idea....

.... hmmm maybe with a lock on the post and then a link to a discussion outside of that area as well...

Let me talk with the other admins about this... that's an effective idea.
ideally, the post should not be visible at all on the thread till the mod ratifies it. that way, people who deliberately post questions on the howto's forum will know they cant keep doing it.

XDevHald
October 21st, 2005, 09:52 PM
ideally, the post should not be visible at all on the thread till the mod ratifies it. that way, people who deliberately post questions on the howto's forum will know they cant keep doing it.
Glad to say I agree with this :)

Also it can become a mess if it's not tested before being posted to the howto section, because you do have howto's that are not correctly modified before being posted, Of course myself and other team members can test the application(s) before they're even being touched on the forums.

majikstreet
October 21st, 2005, 10:07 PM
This is one of the best ideas I've heard! :KS

ubuntu_demon
October 22nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
good idea!