PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing citrix

firemansphen
May 16th, 2008, 05:33 AM
I know this is going to be a simple question to answer for you linux gurus. So here it is.

To install the Client for Unix run the setupwfc script and
follow the on-screen prompts.

I get into the terminal, to the su root and get into superuser mode so i can install into other folders other than home.

I get to the folder which holds this.. but I have no clue how to get it going lol. It keeps saying bash doesn't know that command. I am trying to install Citrix for work so i can login and use some programs.

If you need more info I will be checking in tomorrow. Thanks.

Sphen

gabrie
May 16th, 2008, 06:58 AM
I know this is going to be a simple question to answer for you linux gurus. So here it is.

To install the Client for Unix run the setupwfc script and
follow the on-screen prompts.

I get into the terminal, to the su root and get into superuser mode so i can install into other folders other than home.

I get to the folder which holds this.. but I have no clue how to get it going lol. It keeps saying bash doesn't know that command. I am trying to install Citrix for work so i can login and use some programs.

If you need more info I will be checking in tomorrow. Thanks.

Sphen

Hmmm not sure what goes wrong, but normally you would do like this:

cd /home/user/download/citrix (folder where you downloaded the stuff and where setupwfc is)
su ./setupwfc (so not going into superuser mode, but just su and then the command. Do notice the ./ before setupwfc)

Now accept all the defaults and install the citrix client.

Gabrie

firemansphen
May 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks so much thats what i need the " ./ " made it work!!

gabrie
May 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks so much thats what i need the " ./ " made it work!!

Glad to be of help

Peter Freeman
May 27th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Gabrie,

I'm trying to install Citrix and I get it unpacked okay. I'm following the instructions at:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo?highlight=(Citrix)

I have Hardy (8.04) and when I run the sudo ./setupwfc command, I get:

/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 236: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 237: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 238: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 239: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 4011: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 4043: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found
/home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/hinst: 4043: /home/peter/temp/./linuxx86/echo_cmd: not found

Then it just hangs up. Any clues?

Thanks,

Peter

gabrie
May 27th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hi
Very sorry, but I have no clue why this is not working for you. When I ran setup, I immediately got a setup wizzard (text based).

Gabrie

Peter Freeman
May 29th, 2008, 02:18 PM
My guess is that it is something in the script that needs a component that I have not installed. Does anyone else have any ideas?

StooJ
May 14th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Little late, but ran across the same problem so thought I should point out the solution for future generations.

Try this:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=450347