PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] guys pidgin stuck

viswanathan
May 16th, 2008, 04:13 AM
poor thing its stuck for nearly an hour what to do guys well this is first time these kind of things r happening and stuck in the sense its been in connecting mode for an hour :lolflag:

NightwishFan
May 16th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Do you have a proxy? It should have timed out I would think.

EXCiD3
May 16th, 2008, 04:26 AM
Is your internet connection working correctly and you have the correct username/password? I've had this problem before once in a while with MSN on Pidgin, but i think it was a problem with MSN servers..im not sure.

viswanathan
May 16th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Is your internet connection working correctly and you have the correct username/password? I've had this problem before once in a while with MSN on Pidgin, but i think it was a problem with MSN servers..im not sure.

yup every thing is fine well i would restart my sytem for better or worse and try pudgin then thanx folks for ur time

monkeyatwar
November 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I don't know what the problem is but i am also having issues with pidgin internet is fine (i have both ubuntu and windows on my comp and everything works on the windows side) however i am running ubuntu off of my flash drive (just trying but i really like what all i see) and i am wondering what are some possibilities there are to my issues have reinstalled everything

EXCiD3
November 6th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I don't know what the problem is but i am also having issues with pidgin internet is fine (i have both ubuntu and windows on my comp and everything works on the windows side) however i am running ubuntu off of my flash drive (just trying but i really like what all i see) and i am wondering what are some possibilities there are to my issues have reinstalled everything

what sort of issues are you having? if a restart doesnt fix it then it may be worth deleting your pidgin config folder (/home/<username>/.purple) so that you can start from scratch since a configuration setting could have been screwed up. Pidgin works the same on both windows and linux so your issues are either configuration related or due to something other than pidgin such as your internet configuration.

slinkey1981
November 6th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I had a problem connecting to MSN with pidgin earlier today, only it LOCKED pidgin up, I just used killall pidgin and then restarted it...

EXCiD3
November 6th, 2008, 08:29 AM
ive noticed in windows pidgin has crashed quite often in 2.5.2 but it worked perfectly fine in 2.5.1, that might be causing the problem too.