PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help me put the AMP back in LAMP

rikoshay
May 16th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Hi,

I've just rolled out an 8.04 server at a remote location that I connect to via SSH. When originally installing it I selected the LAMP and SSH packages. To cut a long story short I've basically screwed up the Apache2MySQLPHP component by trying to invent my own shortcuts when trying to migrate a few websites and their virtual hosts. I am a moron. ](*,)

I've spent the evening uninstalling and reinstalling various components but none of them want to play nicely with each other anymore. As I see it I have two options:

1. Reinstall the server from scratch
2. Cleanly uninstall and reinstall Apache2 MySQL and PHP

I really don't want to do option 1 as the server is a couple of hundred miles away but I don't know how to do option 2. Any help much appreciated.

doogy2004
May 16th, 2008, 01:55 AM
try removing the selections from the following command

sudo tasksel

let it run to completion then run it again and add the stuff you want back in

rikoshay
May 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Many thanks. That sort of worked but left a lot of the bad configuration files. I eventually fixed the problem with

sudo aptitude purge apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils apache2.2-common libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libmysqlclient15off libnet-daemon-perl libplrpc-perl libpq5 mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.0 php5-common php5-mysql

sudo rm -rf /etc/apache2

sudo aptitude install apache2 apache2-mpm-prefork apache2-utils apache2.2-common libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libaprutil1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbi-perl libmysqlclient15off libnet-daemon-perl libplrpc-perl libpq5 mysql-client-5.0 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.0 php5-common php5-mysql

Everything now seems to be working.