PDA

View Full Version : eBay by proxy? European wants to buy from US-only seller...

knarf
May 15th, 2008, 11:30 PM
(repost from Community Market as that does not seem to get many eyes...)

I'm looking for a tablet PC, preferrably something rugged to be used for veterinary applications in the field. I've found several interesting machines on eBay but most sellers only want to ship to the US. Is there anyone out there - in the US - who is willing to act as a proxy for us savages here in Ye Olde Worlde? Preferrably someone who is a) reliable and b) knows how to send a package via USPS (not UPS as they have already managed to lose one package and destroy another)... I know that there some who make a business out of this but they generally have prohibitive shipping rates and other fees. I'd pay for the service but it has to be within reason... half the price of the ordered goods is not within reason...

If you are willing and able, please send me a message or reply to this one on the board.

-grubby
May 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hey um, instead of reposting it, which can actually get you an infraction, please report your thread and ask for it to be moved. (If reporting it seems weird to you, it's not. Also, the reporting text has yet to be changed after the upgrade, so ignore it)

knarf
May 15th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I asked for the original thread to be re/moved. I can't say that it is obvious you need to report a thread for it to be moved though...