PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] HELP! How to Configure Italc on Edubuntu Thin Clients

melmiranda
May 15th, 2008, 08:54 AM
I need your help.

We are preparing a better server for our classrooms. we decided to go for edubuntu.
Just this morning we are done with our Edubuntu Thin Client installations and its addons.

One thing that we have noticed is that Italc is not working with the Thin Clients.

We need your help how to configure the server for the Thin Client can be seen in the Italc.

Thanks

dbclinton
May 19th, 2008, 02:11 AM
The iTALC site has this tutorial on thin clients:

http://italc.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=ITALC_in_a_ThinClient_environment

I'm working on the same problem - I've successfully installed iTALC but I haven't yet got it to recognize my thin clients...I'll let you know if I find anything new.

sephirothrr
September 29th, 2008, 11:49 PM
One thing that I have noticed is that there may be a minor typo in the instructions for the thin clients. On the wiki, it says to at 11000 to the client address for the port name. I have found that that doesn't work, but adding 10000 does.

spector00
October 15th, 2008, 12:53 AM
how do you fix this thin client problem?? Do i have to make this script for every client pc?? quite puzzled..