PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Windows sometimes open with border above upper panel area

MedellinManDem
May 15th, 2008, 12:24 AM
I'm using an GNOME/Openbox session and sometimes when I open new windows the bar with the minimize/close/maximize buttons sometimes opens above the upper panel. I have to Press alt-button 1 to drag it down to normal.

Anyway I can stop this? I've messed around in "obconf" but to no avail.

Thanks.

daedalas1981
November 19th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I'm using an GNOME/Openbox session and sometimes when I open new windows the bar with the minimize/close/maximize buttons sometimes opens above the upper panel. I have to Press alt-button 1 to drag it down to normal.

Anyway I can stop this? I've messed around in "obconf" but to no avail.

Thanks.

Just for anybody looking at this old post, ALT+F7 on any active window enables you to move it into focus. Useful for pop-up ads when web browsing.

But I too, still have not found a way to prevent this from happening.

wildmanne39
November 19th, 2012, 04:37 AM
If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.