PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video editing?

mendozaro
May 14th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Is there any new app that can be used to edit videos?

I already worked with kdenlive and cinellera. None of this 2 work as "advertised" for me.

scorp123
May 14th, 2008, 05:11 PM
There are other apps such as "kino", "lives", "pitivi", and commercial ones such as "MainActor" (commercial software $$$ but officially withdrawn and cancelled by its makers ... but you might still find places where they sell leftover packages).

Something else: Why do you claim to be an "admin" in your signature when in fact you are not one?? :confused:

cotcot
May 14th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Maybe try the blender VSE.

Are the features you expected (or advertising claims) not there or did you not found them. Cinelerra has a good manual.

mendozaro
May 15th, 2008, 01:11 AM
@Scorp123: I am not admin on this site. I am admin on my project (as well in my signature before that admin thing). I'll change that cause it really looks like i would be admin on this forum (didn't want it to look that way).

@cotcot: kdenlive is the closest to what i really need. But it doesnt really work... lots of bugs and hickups. Also kdenlive renders videos weird (sound out of sync with the video... missing parts of videos or sound). Cinellera does not work at all on my computer!

eldragon
May 15th, 2008, 01:23 AM
actually, stay away from mainactor, its buggy as hell

i would try cinelerra again, it does work as advertised. its just not easy to use at first.

search for video tutorials from the_source tv show. open source tv, made with cinelerra, they give tutorials on using cinelerra.

Creative2
May 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM
the best for me is blender.. really... and now i have solved a lots of problem wih kdenlive :D kdenlive

scorp123
May 15th, 2008, 10:57 AM
actually, stay away from mainactor, its buggy as hell I'd second the "stay away" statement as MainActor isn't available anymore and all development has stopped as of now, but I can't confirm the second part of it being "buggy as hell". The release I got still works fine for the few things I use it for. But yes, it's basically a dead piece of software as of now ... But still ... if you can grab it from somewhere it might be worth a try.

i would try cinelerra again, it does work as advertised. its just not easy to use at first. Honestly, I find Cinelerra's interface utterly confusing :)