PDA

View Full Version : Linx Sux Im Goin Bak to Windose

kevin11951
May 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM
why do people that come to Ubuntu - the OS that has only been around for 4 years (ubuntu anyway)- feel the need to make fun of it, and criticize it for minor flaws that are no match for the amount of XP and Vista flaws!

sorry, im at school, and boredom can get the best of us! :)

fissionmailed
May 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
ZOMGWTFBBQ

UBUNTU IS FLAWLESS OMG RIGHT?

There's unreasonable people on both sides. Windows is far from perfect as is Ubuntu. I think linux is a better OS than Windows, but it is for me. That's all, there isn't really a "best" OS out there.

Kingsley
May 14th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I agree with you that Lynx sucks. I'm not really into text-based browsers either.

swoll1980
May 14th, 2008, 05:53 PM
frustration

phr0ze
May 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I always hate those threads. I hate more the attention they get which further drives people to use them.

I mean, just leave or ask for help, but don't say you are leaving like you want a 3 month discount on your phone bill or something.

forrestcupp
May 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM
please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't go back to Windows! That would be the worst possible thing for you and the Linux community. Please stay. Please reconsider.

Why don't you list all of your problems and let us all help you with them. Give us a chance to persuade you to stay and to try to change your mind. Let us list all of the benefits of Linux for you and all of the troubles with Windows. Let us put a guilt trip on you about going back. You will regret your decision. Let us spend hours of our time investing in you because we need you to be a part of our community.

If you just give us a chance, we can show you why you need us and we need you, and we can all be happy for the rest of our days. We don't want you to go!

:lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :guitar:

swoll1980
May 14th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I don't understand why people care what os someone else likes to use when I see these threads I give them one of these :-({|=

kevin11951
May 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I agree with you that Lynx sucks. I'm not really into text-based browsers either.

um... linx = linux :oops: i made all the words spelled wrong, and i guess i forgot about linx meaning lynx to some people, sorry.

please tell me you were joking.

kevin11951
May 14th, 2008, 06:49 PM
please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't go back to Windows! That would be the worst possible thing for you and the Linux community. Please stay. Please reconsider.

Why don't you list all of your problems and let us all help you with them. Give us a chance to persuade you to stay and to try to change your mind. Let us list all of the benefits of Linux for you and all of the troubles with Windows. Let us put a guilt trip on you about going back. You will regret your decision. Let us spend hours of our time investing in you because we need you to be a part of our community.

If you just give us a chance, we can show you why you need us and we need you, and we can all be happy for the rest of our days. We don't want you to go!

:lolflag: :lolflag: :lolflag: :guitar:

:lolflag::guitar::)

RiceMonster
May 14th, 2008, 07:05 PM

:lolflag: Maybe you should try links :p

Chame_Wizard
May 14th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Kubuntu FTW:lolflag:

DeadSuperHero
May 14th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I say, if you feel like ripping on Linux, feel free to take it to a site like Linsux.org :lolflag:

Metallion
May 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I agree with you that Lynx sucks.

Somebody (http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/876/25052619.JPG) wants a word with you.

Xerp
May 15th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Because they want instant gratification. They hate Windows and are fed up with it, and have heard great things about Linux. Then they try it, but don't want to change their ways. They want to double-click an "exe" and click next 50 times to install software, rather than just tick a box in a repository manager.

cardinals_fan
May 15th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Somebody (http://www.dkimages.com/discover/previews/876/25052619.JPG) wants a word with you.
I know him!

xerxes112358
May 15th, 2008, 01:09 AM
You may want to go back to windows now, but you will regret it. Linux is only hard when you have a limited knowledge of what you are doing. Windows causes all around frustration. (I know, I dual-boot ubuntu/vista) At your first random window freeze or blue screen of death I think you will see my point.

Flying caveman
May 15th, 2008, 05:51 AM
So, when that new version for windows users coming out? Ubantu I think its called.

Bubba64
May 15th, 2008, 07:17 AM

Kitty kitty kitty

the8thstar
May 15th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I find these threads boring. It's just as bad as watching someone put a gun to their head and say to you: "Wow, you MUST help me NOW!"

Pathetic.

Metallion
May 15th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Because they want instant gratification. They hate Windows and are fed up with it, and have heard great things about Linux. Then they try it, but don't want to change their ways. They want to double-click an "exe" and click next 50 times to install software, rather than just tick a box in a repository manager.

Don't you think all the thinkering with hardware that "just works" under windows has something to do with it too?

christianxxx
May 15th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I wonder if the people posting goodbye threads also do that with stores.

Say, if their Big Mac is not warm enough, do they put up a big poster publicly stating that the Big Mac was not warm enough and they will go back to Burger King and never come back.

Or even better, these jeans of brand A has its pockets placed slightly different than my jeans of brand B, even though they are jeans too. Better send a long letter to the CEO stating I will never buy those jeans again until the pockets are moved.

Goodbye threads are pathetic. Very often, the problems that triggers it are either trivial or they haven't had time to wait for a reply.
And far too many people try to apply Windows-logic to Linux, which is just wrong. I wish more newbees would read up before they attempt the impossible. Ubuntu documentation is superior to Windows, and a Windows installation is most certainly not a walk in the park.

RWells
May 15th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Goodbye threads are pathetic. Very often, the problems that triggers it are either trivial or they haven't had time to wait for a reply.
And far too many people try to apply Windows-logic to Linux, which is just wrong. I wish more newbees would read up before they attempt the impossible. Ubuntu documentation is superior to Windows, and a Windows installation is most certainly not a walk in the park.

Would you mind elaborating on this superior documentation?

This is my #1 frustration with Ubuntu.

I cant find Ubuntu specific bash documentaion, every one says bash is bash, dont look for Ubuntu specific bash documentation.

But when I ask how to do something with bash that should work, they say Oh that wont work with ubuntu because Ubuntu bash is diferent?

Where are the Official Ubuntu docs that will help an absolute beginner learn linux or solve Ubuntu install problems.

Rusty

christianxxx
May 15th, 2008, 10:21 PM
The first place to start is https://help.ubuntu.com/

Then there is LOADS of "third party" sites containing all sorts of tips and tricks.
I know that there is documentation on bash in the official Ubuntu documentation (link), but if it is exactly what you're looking for, I don't know.

I have to say, the responses you have recieved is not really according to Ubuntuforums standards, as people here are usually very helpful. You can see that from the goodbye threads where they help out even after the user has given up. :)

gameryoshi600
May 15th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I say, if you feel like ripping on Linux, feel free to take it to a site like Linsux.org :lolflag:
that site is hilarious. they say windows is godly :lolflag:

RWells
May 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
The first place to start is https://help.ubuntu.com/

Then there is LOADS of "third party" sites containing all sorts of tips and tricks.
I know that there is documentation on bash in the official Ubuntu documentation (link), but if it is exactly what you're looking for, I don't know.

I have to say, the responses you have recieved is not really according to Ubuntuforums standards, as people here are usually very helpful. You can see that from the goodbye threads where they help out even after the user has given up. :)
Its not so much that people here are havnt been helpfull, I think I want something that aint gonna happen.
I want to go to Ubuntu.com to learn about Ubuntu.
What I want is here, I know it is and Im gonna keep digging.

This page

https://help.ubuntu.com/
does have alot of what I am looking for, but it say to please use the other documentation instead?
As a noob that dont know squat I felt it would be best if I did what they ask.

scientist1971
May 16th, 2008, 01:37 PM
christianxxx

Say, if their Big Mac is not warm enough....:lolflag:
like it

kenny1948
May 16th, 2008, 04:34 PM
You know, I've thought that occaisonally. However I finally decided to go with Linux, and am still tinkering with it.

If you were to read all my posts, you would find that I get frustrated from time to time. I however then pour through all these posts and somewhere I usually find my answer.

For instance, I just installed the Kubuntu Desktop, after a few frustrating hours I discovered what I was doing wrong. It took a visit to the local library, to use another computer. Mine was inoperable. It turned out to be a very minor problem. I didn't really understand the login interface for kubuntu.

So far, everything is working out of the box as I want it to. I have exceptional sound, and also great picture on videos. This is mainly what I use my computer for. So I am very happy with Kumbuntu!:guitar: I have no intention of ever going back to windows!

Dropbear
May 16th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I thought Linx was a deodorant not a operating system

Windose works easy because you don't have to know how to spell

Linux rules but it is difficult when you first start and requires a lot of grey matter power

My 14 year old son is learning Linux especially Ubuntu and loves it as he can change stuff around and set it up how HE wants to.

He has aspergers syndrome and everything has to be how he wants it. He cannot do this with windows and it frustrates him