PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] gdm resoltuion screwed up after adding second monitor

akwatve
May 14th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Hi

I had connected a second monitor to my laptop. Since I removed the second monitor, GDM is being displayed at 1200x800 resolution. This basically makes login screen (text boxes) invisible (they are out of screen). Can anyone help me on resetting the gdm resolution. Is this a known bug ?

Also I was forced to use same resolution on both my monitors. Is this a known limitation? The problem is my laptop has wide screen while the external monitor has typica 4x3 dimensions. so I would like to use different resolutions on different monitors (if that is possible)

Thanks

RebateFX
July 15th, 2008, 05:40 PM
You know, I have exactly the same problem except my Gnome desktop now has parts of it expecting 2 monitors. I'm searching for a solution at the moment.

RebateFX
July 15th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Ok, I fixed it.
I re-attached the second monitor, ran the ati catalyst control center again to make the setup on only one monitor again, then rebooted as suggested (was this thing written by Windows people??!!).
I am now running single monitor correctly again. I think ATI has some work to do in this regard.