PDA

View Full Version : The irony...

fissionmailed
May 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7249/noparkinght1.jpg

bufsabre666
May 14th, 2008, 05:32 AM
no irony is when something you dont expect happens, i totally dont expect the cops to obey the laws cause i never see them do it, its kinda sickening

amingv
May 14th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Well, depending on the situation policemen (and other emergency services) can (must) "break" the law: imagine a tragedy happened because the policemen/firefighters/paramedics were looking for an empty spot for 30 minutes.
Furthermore, not all "no parking" spaces mean to forbid parking; some just mean to limit parking to people authorized to do it there.

i totally dont expect the cops to obey the laws cause i never see them do it, its kinda sickening

Where do you live, Dominican Republic?

bufsabre666
May 14th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Where do you live, Dominican Republic?

buffalo new york, city with the second worst ranked police squad in the state and 13th worst in the country

ack389
May 14th, 2008, 05:59 AM
amingv obviously doesn't live in the US. Otherwise he'dknow that cops break laws all the time. I often see a cop stopped at a red light, turn on his sirens, then when the light turns green, he goes through then promptly turns off sirens and lights a block down the road and just keeps going.
This is especially true when getting arrested. They lie all over police reports to make their job easier. One time i wasn't read my rights and FORCED to take a breathelizer. Later on when I told his superior he never read me my rights getting ready for me to leave, he told me I could just rot in jail or sign this slip saying that the officer did read me my rights. ******* jagoffs.
I'm guessing you either are a cop or have a family/ friend who is one.

amingv
May 14th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I'm guessing you either are a cop or have a family/ friend who is one.

No and nope.
I never said policemen don't break the law or that they're the live image of human perfection, I just pointed out some circumstances in which the picture may be justified.
I had a terrible encounter when I was a kid (10 years old) that included corrupt policemen in Dominican Republic where my life (and that of my parents) was at stake, still I dare not say that all policemen are corrupt or that every policeman who parks in a no parking spot is just blatantly breaking the law; please don't make conclusions based on vague interpretation of my comments.

karellen
May 14th, 2008, 08:13 AM
here in my country (Romania) it's just the same. the cops often break the law and are constantly engaged in corruption acts (not to mention they are not the only ones to do so, after all there are are judges, prosecutors and so...)

SupaSonic
May 14th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Made me laugh.

You should've reported them )

Barrucadu
May 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Wow, all your stories make me glad I live in England.

smoker
May 14th, 2008, 09:19 AM
could be a 'roadblock!'
:lolflag:

aeiah
May 14th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Wow, all your stories make me glad I live in England.

where we understand irony?

fissionmailed
May 14th, 2008, 04:57 PM
FYI, I'm not anticop pr an anarchist of anything. My roommate and I were going hiking and when we were driving up to the parking lot we saw some police men looking at an abandoned van. Then as we getting ready they just parked in the spot, when there were other parking spaces open. I just thought the picture was ironic.

Kingsley
May 14th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey! If American cops are so corrupt, why can't we bribe them out of giving speeding tickets?!

gn2
May 14th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Citizen fights back. (http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/tm_headline=policeman-in-parking-probe---car-left-illegally&method=full&objectid=18620897&siteid=109975-name_page.html)

The mayor says that Police will be ticketed.....

Wait till he gets down the lodge of the 90° club and the Chief Constable has a word in his ear, it will all just disappear and fade away.

swoll1980
May 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM
When I used to frequent the bar, I would see off duty cops get plastered then drive home, and see them the next day arresting people for DUI. Thats ironic