PDA

View Full Version : Woman attemps to kidnap unborn baby from neighbor

Sirin
October 20th, 2005, 07:23 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/10/13/pregnantwoman.attacked/index.html

Ok. I am trying to understand the thought process here. Or maybe there isn't one ..

"Hmm. I can't have a baby of my own right now. Perhaps I don't need a baby at all. Or maybe I will adopt one of those gazillion orphaned children out there...... Oh! I know what I'll do! I'll beat a very pregnant lady with a baseball bat and cut her unborn child out of her womb! Yes. That's what I'll do!"

FRIGGIN JEEZUS, PEOPLE! We need to calm down a bit. Yes? Babies are cute, and we all like them, but nobody needs to die here.

jeremy
October 20th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I also can't understand what would lead someone to this. Neither can I understand the people who pay enormous amounts of money for artificial insemination, surrogate mothers, etc., while there are so many children and babies in the world who so desperately need adoption.
When my second child had his first birthday I had a vasectomy, should we want more children (and feel able to support and raise them well) we will adopt.

xmastree
October 20th, 2005, 12:29 PM
enormous amounts of money for artificial inseminationMy wife and I are having difficulty conceiving. We have one adopted child, but my wife really wants to have one of our own making. I guess it's a woman thing, she doesn't feel like a complete woman unless she's carried, and given birth to a child.
So, in that respect I can understand people paying for AI, if they can afford it. You're lucky, you have two children of your own.

Muhammad
October 20th, 2005, 12:56 PM
It's the reason alchol is banned in some countries, and is considered a taboo in some religions.

BoyOfDestiny
October 20th, 2005, 01:55 PM
It's the reason alchol is banned in some countries, and is considered a taboo in some religions.

I don't see the article mention anything about the woman being drunk?

Anyway, prohibition doesn't function in the U.S.
Open up a history book and you'll find it caused more drinking, gambling, and crime.

Master Shake
October 20th, 2005, 02:33 PM
This is disgusting. We had an almost exact thing happen in the Chicago area a few years ago, which resulted in the death of a woman, and her two living children...

oddabe19
October 20th, 2005, 02:51 PM
exact same thing in this area... last year maybe?

it's really sick.

A woman killed another woman and tried to cut out the baby.

XDevHald
October 20th, 2005, 02:56 PM
I don't see the article mention anything about the woman being drunk?

Anyway, prohibition doesn't function in the U.S.
Open up a history book and you'll find it caused more drinking, gambling, and crime.

What they mean by this is that even alchohol drives someone to do these things, but even without it can still make a difference no matter what. Even though it wasn't mentioned, it was a point out that is actually true and in some countries that is a reason why certain things are banned.

I hope that cleared that question up for you.