PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After Update, users missing from FUSA

robolion
May 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Ubuntu Newbie -- thanks in advance for your patience.

I am using Hardy release version on AMD64 platform.

I have separate user accounts for all 6 members of my family.

The Fast User Switcher Applet always popped up a list of all users for 'fast switching'.

After installing a bunch of suggested updates yesterday, only the users who have already logged in show up; i.e. you can go to the power icon and choose 'switch user' and login as one of the unlisted users, after which that user is added to the FUSA list (until next reboot).

I have been unable to find anything about this. I also don't know how to find out what packages were updated yesterday, and how to roll back those changes if necessary.

itsjustarumour
May 20th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Ubuntu Newbie -- thanks in advance for your patience.

I am using Hardy release version on AMD64 platform.

I have separate user accounts for all 6 members of my family.

The Fast User Switcher Applet always popped up a list of all users for 'fast switching'.

After installing a bunch of suggested updates yesterday, only the users who have already logged in show up; i.e. you can go to the power icon and choose 'switch user' and login as one of the unlisted users, after which that user is added to the FUSA list (until next reboot).

I have been unable to find anything about this. I also don't know how to find out what packages were updated yesterday, and how to roll back those changes if necessary.

Hi Robolion,

I'm a 32-bit Ubuntu user so can't offer any specific advice for your setup I'm afraid. But if you wish to roll back a particular package, you can do this from Synaptic - highlight the package in question, then go to the "Package" menu, select "Force Version" and it should be self-explantory from there.

The issue with the user-switching seems to be a bug, and there are quite a few peeps on the forum having similar problems such as in this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=791667

itsjustarumour

robolion
May 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks, found the fix via your link.