PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] ytnef usage for winmail.dat files

madd.codemonkey
May 13th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I installed the ytnef package through apt and it appears to have installed correctly. I tried to use the software by saving the winmail.dat file I received in Thunderbird locally and running the following command:

ytnef -f . winmail.dat
No file was generated from the command. I have looked at the forum posts that I could find regarding opening winmail.dat files in Ubuntu and as far as I can tell, I have everything installed that I think I need. Can anyone let me know if I am missing a package or utilizing the command incorrectly?

Thanks

madd.codemonkey
May 17th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I just installed the Lookout add-in in Thunderbird and that fixes my problem.

qgfreire
July 11th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I installed the ytnef package through apt and it appears to have installed correctly. I tried to use the software by saving the winmail.dat file I received in Thunderbird locally and running the following command:

ytnef -f . winmail.dat
No file was generated from the command. I have looked at the forum posts that I could find regarding opening winmail.dat files in Ubuntu and as far as I can tell, I have everything installed that I think I need. Can anyone let me know if I am missing a package or utilizing the command incorrectly?

Thanks

With me, worked!
Yerase TNEF Exporter v2.6
2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:43:41 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux