PDA

View Full Version : Asus P4BGL-MX power issues, help!

mips
May 13th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Someone gave me a computer to look at that has a Asus P4BGL-MX motherboard. The computer will not turn on.

I have disconnected everything and only left the two power connectors to the motherboard, ram, cpu & power switch in place.
The green MB LED lights up when the mains power is connected to the pc. Pressing the power switch does absulutely nothing. Removing the power switch lead and manually shorting the pins is also of no use. The above has also been tried with a new PSU. Also cleared bios according to manual.

Any ideas?

Please leave this in the cafe as i think I'm bound to get more responses here than anywhere else.

teet
May 13th, 2008, 06:17 PM
If there is >1 stick of RAM you could try leaving only 1 stick in (and swapping it with another one).

You could also try reseating the processor.

After that, there probably isn't much more you could try without having a stockroom full of parts :( On the upside, mobo's are relatively cheap!

-teet

mips
May 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
It only has one stick of ram. I will try reseating the cpu, if that does not work I will give up.

bufsabre666
May 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM
sounds like faulty cpu or mobo to me, usually even with bad ram itll atleast POST, or maybe a very rare instance where the power button has gone faulty, try manually jumping across the power buttons headers with a metal thing, screwdriver or what ever, if its not that its either the cpu or mobo went on it