PDA

View Full Version : Flocking with Flock!!! Browser JOY! ^_^

WinterWeaver
May 13th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I recently installed the Flock browser and I'm really really happy with it. For those that dont know it, it's a Browser buildt on the Mozilla Engine, so it's basically just a Firefox fork.

I really like the sidebar which contains your RSS feeds, email accounts, and social accounts (eg. Facebook). It has very handy tools like, Photo Uploader and Blog Writer.

Flock has Add-ons too, and the firefox add-ons which I use, also works in Flock (it's not guarenteed that all firefox plug-ins will work though).
I also installed the "ViewSourceWith" plugin on the Flock website, and now I'm editing all text fields in my browser via GVim :) ... This makes me really happy, as I could never get any other "vim-for-firefox" plugin to work correctly. Sure it opens a window with gvim running in it, but it works for me ^_^

Flock also looks very pretty. Yes, it may be a slight copy of what ie looks like (with the round buttons etc.) but it is deffinately far better, and with all these new features displays how open source is pushing the evolution and innovation of software yet again.

I've attached a screenie :)

Just thought I'd share my joy :P

ta,

WW

SuperSon!c
May 13th, 2008, 09:05 AM
social web browser? eesh, no thanks. glad you like it though.

SupaSonic
May 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Opera is the best flocking browser out there.

Wait. That doesn't sound quite right.

SuperSon!c
May 13th, 2008, 11:29 AM
lol