PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] Truecrypt Icon

ruggersway
May 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Wanted a good icon for truecrypt since the installer is too lame to provide one. Looked online and kept find pixelated icons with white blocks on edges which was annoying. So...resource hack the windows icon from .exe and gimped it a bit. Cleaned up edges and rounded a bit, added a little depth. Hope someone finds it useful.

--rugger

toxin
May 15th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Thank you very much ruggers! I was just using a crappy pixelized version of that icon!

fulopr
October 26th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for sharing!

Just what I was looking for!

I was prepared to modify that other one, but this way I can use my time for something not already done.

hyper_ch
October 27th, 2008, 08:35 AM
maybe you should give that one to truecrypt.org directly so they can include it :)

Keypel
April 15th, 2011, 05:50 PM
What folder do I put this in to make the icon work in the notification area?

ChrisWells
April 15th, 2011, 10:58 PM
The icon has always been high res for me, you using v7? I realise this thread is old

Keypel
April 15th, 2011, 11:13 PM
The icon has always been high res for me, you using v7? I realise this thread is old

It's just that there is a white space above and below the icon when displayed in the notification area, It is not setting the transparency correctly and I thought your icon would fix that?

rookcifer
April 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hmm, TC has always came with an icon that looks OK to me.

Keypel
April 16th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Hmm, TC has always came with an icon that looks OK to me.

Surprised it works for you. Found this bug report.

Notification area icon wrongly rendered/uses bg_color as a background (multiple apps) (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/403135)

rookcifer
April 16th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Surprised it works for you. Found this bug report.

Notification area icon wrongly rendered/uses bg_color as a background (multiple apps) (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/+bug/403135)

Yes the notification icon has never been pretty, but I was talking about the larger icon that rests in the menu bar (I use AWN). Also on Natty, the icon looks fine on the Unity bar.

Keypel
April 16th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Yes the notification icon has never been pretty, but I was talking about the larger icon that rests in the menu bar (I use AWN). Also on Natty, the icon looks fine on the Unity bar.

I'm not sure that I will ever switch to Unity interface. I found a ppa within that bug report that fixes the gnome notification area transparency.

Sorry to dig up your old thread with an issue not related to it.