PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Evolution import (Fresh 8.04 install, import from 7.10)

kcbnac
May 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I ordered myself a nice big hard drive, and did a fresh install of 8.04 - then figured I'd migrate over my old data from my 7.10 install - and hit a snag with evolution.

Even after copying over the .evolution folder, when I launch Evolution it prompts me for the new-account-setup wizard.

Any ideas? I haven't been able to find anything on this as of yet - I can still fire up the old HD and 'export' if need be - I was just trying to avoid that.

Thanks in advance!

Note: SOLVED - See post 3.

forestpixie
May 12th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I found that backing up and restoring using the evolution tool to be the easiest way tbh - do the backup and import it. I tried copying the old from the hidden folder but it never appeared to deal with the accounts - of course I might have been doing it completely wrong.

kcbnac
May 13th, 2008, 02:55 AM
I found that backing up and restoring using the evolution tool to be the easiest way tbh - do the backup and import it. I tried copying the old from the hidden folder but it never appeared to deal with the accounts - of course I might have been doing it completely wrong.

Worked great, thanks! The only thing it didn't import was the saved passwords - everything else seems to have picked up.

Issue complete!

(Only wish it would just accept the old folder as-is, example would be if the system hosed itself but the files were intact)