PDA

View Full Version : Taking an AP exam? Remember the golden rule...

klange
May 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM
... the graders are not allowed to grade anything with a line through it.

Looking to cheer them up with some good old fashioned internet memes? Want to ask them a deep, personal question? Just write it down and cross it out!

Just think about what they'll do inside when half way through your Comp. Sci. test they find "THIS IS SPARTA!" with a thick line of pencil through it. Or as they peruse your essay for that English exam - there's the lyrics to the hit single "Never Gonna Give You Up".

This rule is probably the greatest one on the test - I know it's definitely far better than the "you lose 1/4 a point for each wrong answer" rule. It definitely beats the "no calculators on this portion of the test" rule. And don't get me started on "don't go back to another section".

So, if you're in that last bunch of AP exams this week, give your grader something to laugh at. Remember, they've probably been sitting in a dank room for hours reading the same essays over and over and over, it's your job to cheer them up.

Xzallion
May 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
All your essays are belong to us.

Islington
May 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
also draw cartoons, I know I got a smile with my spaceman spiff. battling teeth on rollerblades. :popcorn:

grossaffe
May 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
also draw cartoons, I know I got a smile with my spaceman spiff. battling teeth on rollerblades. :popcorn:

I drew pictures on my Physics exam last year. we were supposed to draw something involving some kind of optics set up with a bunch of equipment i'd never heard of, so i drew a hockey player taking a breakaway shot on a goalie... didn't quite pass that one, needed a 4, got a 3.

amar
May 12th, 2008, 09:38 PM
http://www.ozpolitic.com/funny/photos/elephant.jpg

or

http://www.ozpolitic.com/funny/photos/findx.gif

Glucklich
May 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM
"No, there's an elephant on the way." LOL, funny sh*t! I would have given it top score on that one :P

zmjjmz
May 12th, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'm not taking any AP exams, but does this apply to those pesky Bio exams?

TBOL3
May 12th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Nice, I remember hearing a story. A reader that I know told me of an essay he got. I don't remember the question, but the answer was:

Dear Reader

Look it up.

kk0sse54
May 12th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Try taking an AP course with a pregnant teacher. What joyride that was......