PDA

View Full Version : Things u can do in WIndows but cant do it in ubuntu

sharks
May 12th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Things u can do in WIndows but cant do it in ubuntu (except gaming).

zenwalker
May 12th, 2008, 05:34 AM
In the past 5 years of Linux exp on the system (with out winnie) not atleast once i found that i shud have winnie for doing some operation which i couldnt do it on Linux (In general). Yes i 2 got ubuntu here, but still i didnt feel any such thing. Apart from Gaming, which i never play :D

Eisenwinter
May 12th, 2008, 05:38 AM
That depends if you consider using WINE as "running it on linux".

If so, then everything you can run in Windows, you can also run in Linux, even if not at 100% speed.

Ripfox
May 12th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Get a nasty virus.

Ripfox
May 12th, 2008, 05:42 AM
That depends if you consider using WINE as "running it on linux".

If so, then everything you can run in Windows, you can also run in Linux, even if not at 100% speed.

You cannot, by a loooooong shot, run every windows program under linux via wine.

Eisenwinter
May 12th, 2008, 05:46 AM
You cannot, by a loooooong shot, run every windows program under linux via wine.
You'll also have to define "run" for that.

If you mean run as in simply launching an application, not actually using it, then you can probably run everything.

alejandro.mc
May 12th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Get a virus, get spyware, get malware, get the blue screen of death, get ads in every banner in every software in every segment of everything, get frustrated because you can't deal with multiple errors, lock ups, slow performances, pay for every piece of software no matter how insignificant [ Oh sorry about this one, you do get the notepad for free(1) ].

Play video games. (Please anyone telling me they can play three or four really cool games under Ubuntu, just save it..)

Thanks! Bye!

(1) MS requires you sign in blood you will become MS's slave for the rest of eternity and you will only worship BG as your only and almighty God.

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Get a virus, get spyware, get malware, get the blue screen of death, get ads in every banner in every software in every segment of everything, get frustrated because you can't deal with multiple errors, lock ups, slow performances, pay for every piece of software no matter how insignificant [ Oh sorry about this one, you do get the notepad for free(1) ].

Play video games. (Please anyone telling me they can play three or four really cool games under Ubuntu, just save it..)

Thanks! Bye!

(1) MS requires you sign in blood you will become MS's slave for the rest of eternity and you will only worship BG as your only and almighty God.

you read my mind :D

esaym
May 12th, 2008, 05:58 AM
cry myself to sleep

Kingsley
May 12th, 2008, 05:59 AM
I can do Calculus homework that's assigned in MyMathLab.

MaindotC
May 12th, 2008, 06:01 AM
I've yet to be able to run Ruckus Music Player in Wine. It's a DRM-enabled music service for college students.

HunterThomson
May 12th, 2008, 06:01 AM
Get a nasty virus.
I was thinking the same thing:)
how about

Spend loads of money on crappy programs....

zenwalker
May 12th, 2008, 06:04 AM
[ Oh sorry about this one, you do get the notepad for free(1) ].

Hey even bugs/virus/problems u get with winnie for free, by default :D

Puptentacle
May 12th, 2008, 06:04 AM
The ONLY thing (other than the obvious BSOD, Virus, etc) that I've missed is finding a decent music player that does what I want it to do. I know, I know. Amarok, xmms, vlc... I've tried (I think) every possible player that will run under Ubuntu/Debian and none of them really do what I want. And the ones I like from Windows won't run correctly under Wine for various reasons. And now Hardy is causing static and crackling but I WILL (by Gates:evil:) get this problem licked as well.

Ripfox
May 12th, 2008, 06:31 AM
cry myself to sleep

:lolflag:

Ripfox
May 12th, 2008, 06:33 AM
You'll also have to define "run" for that.

If you mean run as in simply launching an application, not actually using it, then you can probably run everything.

Oh no buddy, many won't even launch :lolflag: