PDA

View Full Version : My new proprietary OS project

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 04:48 AM
I am just thinking about leaving open source behind for a proprietary OS, but one of my own.
Its features? Well that part itself is proprietary, but I will leak some info:
This OS will only work on my computer
with only my mouse
my keyboard
my monitor
my hardware
even the little HP sticker in the front of the computer will have links to my new OS, that is so proprietary, not even I am allowed to use it without signing a 300,000,000,000 page long EULA with half of that written in text so small that it defies all forms of logic.
And even if I do allow others to use this OS they will have to wear a neon sign on their persons for every waking moment, and at night they must bow down to my geeky photo that reads "I am god"
And to further make no one uses my OS without permission the persons interested in it have to sign 12 wavers, 12 wavers for those wavers, and 12 wavers for the wavers for the wavers...
top it with a cherry and sell it for a astronomical fee

NOT! :lolflag:

ladr0n
May 12th, 2008, 04:50 AM
"Hm. That's a good idea. I'm going to steal it."
--Bill Gates, 1984

ubunt22rock
May 12th, 2008, 04:51 AM
good one mate..had a good laugh :D

Sef
May 12th, 2008, 06:30 AM
even the little HP sticker in the front of the computer will have links to my new OS, that is so proprietary, not even I am allowed to use it without signing a 300,000,000,000 page long EULA with half of that written in text so small that it defies all forms of logic.

You forgot to state that you can only read the EULA after installing the os.

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 06:32 AM
You forgot to state that you can only read the EULA after installing the os.

actually the EULA is incorporated into everything, the bootloader, the installer, the panels, the wallpaper, the icons...
everything you want to do needs you to go though the EULA every time you blink :D

grossaffe
May 12th, 2008, 07:21 AM
link, please?

smoker
May 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM
of course, you will have to protect your IP. you could do this by spreading FUD about all other operating systems, and how you're going to sue anyone that uses one...
:-)

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 07:31 AM
link, please?

Are you sure you want to do that?
You realize how many pages you have to read of my EULA, and you have to read it in every language under the sun, that includes Esperanto, Latin, Javascript and Klingon :D

Magnes
May 12th, 2008, 07:32 AM
You should sell it to vendors. $9999 for a licence to look at it for a minute.

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 07:37 AM
You should sell it to vendors. $9999 for a licence to look at it for a minute.

actually its going to be $330,000,000,000 per second to read the license and the EULA.
Once you have given your house, your car, your dog/cat/guinea pig etc to me you also have to pay a $999,000,000,000 fee to read the license fee to pay off another license fee...
I got it made :D

ikt
May 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
--Steve Jobs, 1984

fixed.

The very first graphical user interface was developed by the Xerox Corporation at their Palo Alto Research Center (PARC) in the 1970s. Steve Jobs, visited PARC in 1979 (after buying Xerox stock) and was impressed and influenced by the Xerox Alto, the first computer ever with a graphical user interface. Jobs designed the new Apple Lisa based on the technology he saw at Xerox.

http://inventors.about.com/od/cstartinventions/a/Apple_Computers.htm

Also to the OP, if you're going to try and put down microsoft don't describe Mac OS X in its current form.

Canis familiaris
May 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM
:lolflag:

xArv3nx
May 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
--Bill Gates, 1984
WInner.

SunnyRabbiera
May 12th, 2008, 06:53 PM
fixed.

http://inventors.about.com/od/cstartinventions/a/Apple_Computers.htm

Also to the OP, if you're going to try and put down microsoft don't describe Mac OS X in its current form.

but this is a parody of both of them you see :D