PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dell Latitude D600 Wireless networking problem

jsrsarc
May 12th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I am using Dell Latitude D600 and this is the output from lspci |grep BCM

02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 03)

I am loosing my wireless connection frequently. I don't have problem with wired network. While booting i am getting PHY transmission error..

Could someone help me?:confused:

EricMcGregor
May 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hi!

I have the same exact issue!

in the beginning I had wlan contact in a coulpe of hours, now it is a matter of minutes before i shuts down. Works with cable.

jsrsarc
May 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I don't know why this strange behaviour. My system used to be fine with earlier versions of Ubuntu.

supremedalek
May 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I have had the same problem myself when using the broadcom wireless card that came in the machine. It turned out I had to go to the bios and disable the onboard modem as it was conflicting with the wireless somehow. That said, be prepared: the broadcom speed is anything but stellar.

leberama
May 15th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I am using Dell Latitude D600 and this is the output from lspci |grep BCM

02:03.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4309 802.11a/b/g (rev 03)

I am loosing my wireless connection frequently. I don't have problem with wired network. While booting i am getting PHY transmission error..

Could someone help me?:confused:

I was getting the same error. I set my bios POST to complete test and problem went away.

jsrsarc
May 15th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I was getting the same error. I set my bios POST to complete test and problem went away.

Hi leberama,

I am a newbee to Linux...what do you meant by "I set my bios POST to complete test"

EricMcGregor
May 15th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Knock on wood, I disabled the internal modem in Bios and removed the wlan settings in "Wireless network" so it would load new settings.

and it has worked for a while now, but I`m not 100% sure that it works yet, I`ll have to wait a couple of hours to see if it really works :D

EricMcGregor
May 15th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Okey it did not work :( I got wlan for a longer time, but after an hour it died again and the network icon disappeared (?)