PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Twice i got Ubuntu 8.04 corrupt ISO

WebEyeX
May 11th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I just want to install Ubuntu 8.04.I downloaded it twice but every time i found corrupt ISO image.MD5sum is not what it should be.I have also checked CD for defects,it shows only one file is corrupt.Now my question is how can i come to know that which file is corrupt?If i get to know the name of the corrupted file i can ask you guy to upload that file for me.I can not download whole Ubuntu ISO image again and again.I do not have broadband connection.It is not easy for me to download it again.I hope you can understand me.

Thanks and Regards
WebEyeX

Thirtysixway
May 11th, 2008, 08:29 PM
You can try requesting a free CD of Ubuntu, http://shipit.ubuntu.com it takes a while to get to you, but shouldn't be corrupt and it should be working.

Try different mirrors or check what software you're using to burn the .iso to cd.

Rallg
May 11th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I am not sure that knowing the name of the corrupt file would help. You would need to re-build the ISO.

In the future: Anyone using phone modem should download using Bit Torrent. From Windows, uTorrent is a good choice. Within Ubuntu, Transmission is a good choice.

The reason is that torrents can check the download in small pieces, and can also interrupt and resume later.