PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error???

darkblade8801
May 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM
so i am getting rdy to run the update manager and i came across the error that reads the following:

pkg/tmp.ci'
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/xulrunner-1.9_1.9~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu4~8.04.0mt1_i386.deb: failed to delete `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci'
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/compiz-fusion-plugins-main_0.7.4-0ubuntu5_i386.deb: failed to delete `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci'

can someone pls help with a few thing first i would like to know what the error is talking about and what i can do to fix i am pretty new to the ubuntu OS so any help would be gratefull. thx

Thirtysixway
May 11th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Try restarting your computer, and make sure you run as sudo or root.

bapoumba
May 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM
so i am getting rdy to run the update manager and i came across the error that reads the following:

pkg/tmp.ci'
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/xulrunner-1.9_1.9~b5+nobinonly-0ubuntu4~8.04.0mt1_i386.deb: failed to delete `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci'
E: /var/cache/apt/archives/compiz-fusion-plugins-main_0.7.4-0ubuntu5_i386.deb: failed to delete `/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci'

can someone pls help with a few thing first i would like to know what the error is talking about and what i can do to fix i am pretty new to the ubuntu OS so any help would be gratefull. thx
Could you please post the complete error message to :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Is this with hardy ?

pro003
May 11th, 2008, 10:28 PM
it looks like you lost your internet connection...or did you have it in the first place...?