PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Hardy Heron C Compiler Issues?

jmg498
May 11th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Hello all,

I am having difficulty compiling anything from source in Hardy Heron. I just upgraded from Feisty Fawn. I consistently am getting a list of warnings and errors, followed by "error 1" and the programs do not build.

I tried reinstalling gcc from the package manager but no luck.

Before I copy and paste a bunch of stuff to this forum, is there maybe a way to just reinstall all the C compiler packages and give that a go first? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks much!

Rocket2DMn
May 11th, 2008, 04:45 AM
The correct package to install is

sudo apt-get install build-essential
That metapackage has all sorts of compilers in it + libraries.
Does that fix you up? Otherwise post more output, please.

jmg498
May 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Yep, all's good now. I figured there was some libraries missing but didn't know which package to install. Is there no "marked as solved" option on here anymore? I edited the title to try to reflect that but it'd be best to actually mark it as solved.

Thanks so much!

--Josh G.

Hello all,

I am having difficulty compiling anything from source in Hardy Heron. I just upgraded from Feisty Fawn. I consistently am getting a list of warnings and errors, followed by "error 1" and the programs do not build.

I tried reinstalling gcc from the package manager but no luck.

Before I copy and paste a bunch of stuff to this forum, is there maybe a way to just reinstall all the C compiler packages and give that a go first? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks much!