PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Settings lost after update/reboot

jkmuller
May 10th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I'm having some issues after updating Ubuntu and making a few changes. Here are my symptoms:

Firefox bookmarks missing, logged out of accounts, but everything else is same as before
It takes a while for my wireless internet to kick in and programs such as Pidgin to start up after rebooting
The OpenOffice loader that usually sits in the "tray" gives me the following error when starting: "Either another instance of OpenOffice.org is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked. Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies..."
Several applications ask for access to my keyring

Here's what I've changed that could have contributed to these issues:
In the Software Sources administration interface, I checked pre-release updates for Ubuntu updates and then updated Ubuntu
I changed the login window to a different style
I have made some changes, although not recently, to the fstab file
I attempted to unstall the application MoBlock and had some trouble getting it removed (but have since uninstalled it)

Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance.

Joseph

inportb
May 10th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Does that mean you're now running the Intrepid Ibex pre-release?

jkmuller
May 10th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Maybe, but I'm not sure how to check for that.

lacrimossjr
July 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I had the same exact issue and when reading your post realize that the only thing we had in common was the change of the login screen. So I changed and everything was back to normal. Hope it helps!