PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrade 7.10 to Hardy on eepc can't get past Login Screen

lear45builder
May 10th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Hi,

Upon booting my 4gb eeePC into 7.10, which is installed on an 8gb SDC card, I found the "Upgrade Available to 8.04" dialog. Clicking on this and following directions resulted in download install and reboot of the system. I get the opening screen, complete with the "options" button at the lower left corner, but after I enter my user and password, I get a blank light brown screen like it's booting, but nothing ever happens. The pointer is not frozen, but it seems like it's looping. Logging on on the emergency terminal allowed me to check GRUB, which seems unchanged. The eepc is connected to my wireless network just fine, as I can get out to the internet via the terminal, however I can't do anything else. I did note in the GRUB menu at boot that the new kernal is NOT listed. I did a grub update, and the dialogs said updates were done, but the kernal still does not appear.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I had it right were I wanted it on 7.10...just goes to show you my old adage still holds true....the enemy of good, is BETTER.

Thanks for your help folks,

Mark