PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] message "ACPI INVALID PBLK LENGTH 5"

wpshooter
May 10th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Has anyone found a valid answer as to why the message as shown in the title of this post is displayed during both the CD integrity check function for a Ubuntu Hardy final version alternate installation CD and also when the Ubuntu O/S installation is run from that same CD ?

This is occurring on a machine that I am use an ASUS P4G8X motherboard on.

It does not happen on this same system if I attempt to install from a Gutsy (or any previous version) Ubuntu CD.

I have researched this both on the Ubuntu forums and also thru Google and have yet to find an answer as to exactly what is causing this or if it is really a serious issue or not.

Thanks.

wpshooter
May 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I take that back, I also get this same message on the Gutsy Alternate CD.

I will see if I can get on previous versions of Ubuntu, if I can still find them for download.

wpshooter
May 16th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I wonder if I am the only one having this particular problem ???

DouglasJHeuer
July 19th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Newbie here....

I've got the same error after installation.

Anyone know what the error is?

wpshooter
July 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Newbie here....

I've got the same error after installation.

Anyone know what the error is?

Douglas:

You say that you get this after installation.

Mine occurs during the initial stages of the CD integrity check function and also during the initial stages of the O/S installation process.

After the O/S is installed I never see this message again.

What brand & model of motherboard are you using.

Mine is an older ASUS P4G8X - Deluxe.

I don't think that I ever got this message on versions prior to Gutsy.

I just think they have messed something up and are just ignoring fixing it.

Thanks.

Partyboi2
July 19th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I take that back, I also get this same message on the Gutsy Alternate CD.

I will see if I can get on previous versions of Ubuntu, if I can still find them for download.
here (http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/) is the feisty release page

wpshooter
July 19th, 2008, 12:39 PM
here (http://releases.ubuntu.com/7.04/) is the feisty release page

Thanks.

But I figure that Feisty is too far to go back.

sparklejess
September 16th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'm getting this error with a completely new & clean debian etch installation (just after decompressing boot image), also with an Asus - a A7A266-E.

I'm having trouble even finding out what 'PBLK' stands for, since this would be something that might help me figure out what kind of problem I'm loolking at. Apparently it should be 0 or 6 but not 5, or so I've read but I still don't know what it means.

Judging from the preponderance of this error on certain bits of hardware, I'm going to start trying things like bios resets, and shuffling bits&pieces around in the case.

Jess

wpshooter
September 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I'm getting this error with a completely new & clean debian etch installation (just after decompressing boot image), also with an Asus - a A7A266-E.

I'm having trouble even finding out what 'PBLK' stands for, since this would be something that might help me figure out what kind of problem I'm loolking at. Apparently it should be 0 or 6 but not 5, or so I've read but I still don't know what it means.

Judging from the preponderance of this error on certain bits of hardware, I'm going to start trying things like bios resets, and shuffling bits&pieces around in the case.

Jess

Have you had an success in finding out what this is all about ?

Thanks.