PDA

View Full Version : satelite radio

jonabyte
May 9th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Anyone here have Sirius radio? There is a deal at my local Costco, but can't seem to find anyone to tell me what their service is really like.
BTW, this would be for Canada.

Thanks!

Wobedraggled
May 9th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I have it, it's just commercial free radio (With exception of a few talk channels) I like the service alot.

jonabyte
May 9th, 2008, 01:45 PM
how about reception...any issues with that. or even traveling to another country. me and my wife travel from Canada to us frequently and it would be nice to use while driving.

Wobedraggled
May 9th, 2008, 01:51 PM
how about reception...any issues with that. or even traveling to another country. me and my wife travel from Canada to us frequently and it would be nice to use while driving.

As long as you don't have a ton of tree cover, or a long tunnel...reception is fine. I've only had issues in those instances.

HermanAB
May 9th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Sirius is very good indeed. They have a large selection of channels for different tastes. You are sure to find many channels you like. I find it preferable to the local radio stations.

It drops once in a while when driving in a city, but not enough to be annoying.

timcredible
May 9th, 2008, 04:45 PM
i have sirius in my wife's minivan, xm in my gto, xm at work, sirius at home via dish. i've traveled from windsor, canada, to middle of il, to florida with both services, and they work great. the only time i had issues is going through the mountains of west va, xm flaked out some due to the fact the satellites are at an angle for the eastern side of the country. i have a few issues now and again with sirius in heavy tree cover on both sides. i find the services to be great because i like alternative rock and there are very few stations that play that. also, not having to listen to 40 minutes of commercials every hour is great. you can listen to both online with linux also.