PDA

View Full Version : I ROFLd when I read this in the library

retrow
May 8th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Last evening I happened to flip through the magazine and newspaper shelf at our local library. There was a ED-TECH magazine which carried a cover story about some university going 801.11n. Within it there was another story outlining a quick few "Don't Do's" with Windows Vista. The article made it seem like any attempt to fix a security flaw by disabling default features in Vista voids your support agreement.

Add This to Your ‘Don’t Do’ List (http://www.edtechmag.com/higher/may-june-2008/add-this-to-your-don-t-do-list.html)

After reading through that two page article, I took out a marker and wrote at the end of that article-
Conclusion: Dump Vista choose Open Source!

aaaantoine
May 8th, 2008, 05:12 PM
You must have gotten quite a few looks when you were rolling on the floor laughing at the library.

chris4585
May 8th, 2008, 07:27 PM
You must have gotten quite a few looks when you were rolling on the floor laughing at the library.

haha, good find, I needed the laugh

lespaul_rentals
May 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Last evening I happened to flip through the magazine and newspaper shelf at our local library. There was a ED-TECH magazine which carried a cover story about some university going 801.11n. Within it there was another story outlining a quick few "Don't Do's" with Windows Vista. The article made it seem like any attempt to fix a security flaw by disabling default features in Vista voids your support agreement.

Add This to Your ‘Don’t Do’ List (http://www.edtechmag.com/higher/may-june-2008/add-this-to-your-don-t-do-list.html)

After reading through that two page article, I took out a marker and wrote at the end of that article-
Conclusion: Dump Vista choose Open Source!

So, you vandalized public property then came to Ubuntu Forums to prove yourself the biggest fanboy?

keykero
May 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Seriously. Pathetic.

WalmartSniperLX
May 8th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I'm sure that there was another guy, in a library somewhere at that exact time, who stumbled across a Linux magazine that had an article in it titled, "Linux Wireless - Almost there!". He probably took out a marker and wrote "Get Vista! It's easy to network!". Then he went home and posted his find on a Windows forum. :P

Good thing I got my wireless working out of the box. Also, I'm pretty sure there are plenty of "do nots" when it comes to working with Linux. Everything does, my friend.