PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Repositories Slow?

totfit
May 8th, 2008, 12:10 AM
Is it just mine or are the updates downloading extremely slow for others. This issue has been occurring with the last couple of updates. I might need to check my list and do better if this is not a common occurrence for others.

Thanks,
Gregg

NightwishFan
May 8th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I am on the USA server and updates are slow, instead of 700kb/s it is like 5-10kb/s. Also on the newest few updates I get 404 not found. (I have hardy prereleases enabled which might be why, but sudo apt-get update has no errors)

Pumalite
May 8th, 2008, 12:18 AM
You can go to: System>Administration>Software Sources>Download From>Other>Let it choose the best for you.

NightwishFan
May 8th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I did, it still assumes fastest is usa, so I do not think that will solve the problem. When I boot back into kde rather than fluxbox ill pick a random server and see what happens.

totfit
May 8th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Great tip, Thanks.

Pumalite
May 8th, 2008, 12:26 AM
That's still the best you can get. All the Servers have been very slow for the last two or three days.

NightwishFan
May 8th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Good luck.

wilbur.harvey
August 3rd, 2008, 06:20 AM
Some of the repositories seem to very slow lately.

I am trying to upgrade a machine, from gutsy to hardy, and it is saying it will take 8 days to download the updates.

I am a fast broadband connection which usually downloads at about 6MBytes/sec if the site is fast enough.

All of the things I have tried, both from home and work, have been on and off very slow for the past several weeks.