PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Enlightenment...?

Meox
May 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Well i have a system with older 2003 Hardware i use on Ubuntu (Intel Celeron 2.40GHz with 1.11 GB Ram) and have noticed it is good but im looking for some better performance from my system (thinking compiz eats up all my resources and my integrated Video card isint good at all for compiz to run fast) so you think i should just get rid of compiz or switch to a lighter desktop environment (no xfce please i have tryed xubuntu and dident like it very much at all) preferably the E17 or Fluxbox environment (maybe overwrite gnome with E17) so im looking how to do this (sudo apt-get install enlightenment? and if i liked the environment i would un-install Gnome.... just wanted to make sure that what im thinking of doing is correct... oh and thanks in advance :)

~Kyle

smartboyathome
May 7th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Use Rui's guide (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=546746) to install E17. I used it up until about a week ago when I overtweaked Ubuntu and made it crash, and decided to go to Arch Linux. Once you get experienced enough with Linux, I would recommend Arch for E17.

Meox
May 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks im install e17 right now :D

Meox
May 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Oh and compiling tar.gz files just isint for me right now at least

smartboyathome
May 7th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Thats fine, that is why Rui created the deb package. It is _much_ easier to install e17 with it. ;)