PDA

View Full Version : Proper Ibex Mockup (e.g using real themes)

Mazza558
May 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM
This theme is not entirely feasable, as it uses emerald to render the window decorations. I also don't have the new HumanMurrine theme, so had to use the old one from Gutsy. Other than that. I think it looks a lot better than Gutsy or Hardy.

Thoughts?

miggols99
May 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Nah...too orange! Seeing a bright colour like that for too long must be bad for my eyes. Personally I prefer the brown. Easy on the eyes, and it makes me think "Ubuntu" just like the green openSUSE theme makes me think "openSUSE" because it's how it's been for a long time...

blithen
May 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I agree with the above person, it's to orange, very nice attempt though.

the yawner
May 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
That emerald window borders theme (Gommoso) is already ported to metacity on this compact theme (http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Compact-Colors?content=78182) I'm using; albeit with different results. My favorite combination so far. :)

acelin
May 7th, 2008, 05:15 PM
This theme is not entirely feasable, as it uses emerald to render the window decorations. I also don't have the new HumanMurrine theme, so had to use the old one from Gutsy. Other than that. I think it looks a lot better than Gutsy or Hardy.

Thoughts?
Progress, but it still looks toyish- but this has to do with the horrible icons and font. I like the panels a lot though.

Mazza558
May 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
How do you feel about it, ignoring the wallpaper?

madjr
May 7th, 2008, 09:20 PM
How do you feel about it, ignoring the wallpaper?

looks kinda plain, boring and with little life.

Dull, boring & ugly parts:

-the active window in the window list applet (bottom panel) is gray color (looks ugly).

-Tangerine icons (boring)

-Panels (kinda Dull, i like darker or silver and a bit less transparent so it doesn't blend too much with the wallpaper)

-Window borders (super dull, same color active and inactive...)

also, upload another pic where i can see the desktop wallpaper. Wallpaper and icons are what breath life to a desktop

for a first try not that bad :p