PDA

View Full Version : Loving bmpx Audio Player

Half-Left
May 6th, 2008, 09:46 PM
I'm loving the new bmpx UI, enjoying last.fm integration and the radio stations, it's my favorite music player at the moment. :guitar:

geoken
May 6th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Agreed. It was a little crash happy, but if you spend any time listening to online media it's definately the best player.

racoq
May 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I'm loving the new bmpx UI, enjoying last.fm integration and the radio stations, it's my favorite music player at the moment. :guitar:

Indeed... Integration with web radios and Last.FM, is superb, and beats in this field all linux media players.

That's why it's my favorite media player. And it is not a Memory Hog like banshee , listen or even amarok.

SuperSon!c
May 7th, 2008, 01:56 AM
but if it's crash happy...

RiceMonster
May 7th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I'll give it a try. I already really like Amarok and Exaile. I don't like Rhythmbox or Banshee, and Listen seemed to be endlessly buggy.

SuperSon!c
May 7th, 2008, 02:21 AM
not too bad! i wish you could make the album art bigger in the Info area though. it'd be almost perfect. actuallly they should put the info area up top and the "artists" and "discs" area on the bottom.

i also noticed that when you refresh lyrics, it won't refresh to the newest track. :/

RiceMonster
May 7th, 2008, 02:33 AM
Does it fetch album art for you? I don't want to have to manually add in all my album art. Other than that, this player feels pretty nice, although I don't think it's working properly with my last.fm account.

SuperSon!c
May 7th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Does it fetch album art for you? I don't want to have to manually add in all my album art. Other than that, this player feels pretty nice, although I don't think it's working properly with my last.fm account.

it recognizes my album art that i already have in each of my folders.

Half-Left
May 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yer I think there is a bug with the album art but it does bring in a fair amount.

zapree
July 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I love BMPx but WTF is with the crashes... whenever i go to play a track off of my computer it just shuts down.... it diddnt do that at first but soon enough it did... any fixes?

Kosimo
July 5th, 2008, 11:46 PM
By the way: If you want to easily get the latest version 0.40.14 witch is not available on official repos, you can download a .deb on getdeb: http://getdeb.net/search.php?keywords=bmpx for 32 and 64 bits.