PDA

View Full Version : Any Bikers (motorcycles) out here?

s_spiff
May 6th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I see a couple of threads in this section about music, mobile handsets and so on . So thought if there are any bikers here :confused:?
Ok since I'm into biking/touring on motorcycles, it so happens that on a tour, you end up meeting a lot of new people, developing new friendships, hell even forging deals in business! :guitar: So I thought, why not create a thread calling all you riders out here.:)

gn2
May 6th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I used to ride bikes but stopped when I discovered gliding.
Can't afford either now sadly :(

s_spiff
May 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Ouu ok. Gliding? I tried paragliding once, was awesome fun. Though I can't afford the training course.. both money wise and duration wise :(

.nedberg
May 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
I had to sell my bike two years ago when I got my second daughter. There just was not time enough to use it, and I could not let my wife deal with the children alone all the time. I am however looking to buy a new bike, hopefully this august/september. Not desided what kind, but it will probably be either an R6, GSXR 600 or CBR 600 RR. I like the speed :)

My previous bike was a slightly modified Suzuki Bandit 600 S.

AlanRogers
May 6th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Ohhh yes! On ecological and financial grounds, my wife and I can't afford a second car, so I have two wheels and she has four! My current ride is a Honda Silverwing FJS600A, having just gotten rid of a Yamaha XJ600S Diversion with nearly 50k miles on it. I enjoy riding, even in London - it beats standing up on the train.

Dragonbite
May 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I had to sell my bike two years ago when I got my second daughter.
Don't worry, you'll probably get another one when she's old enough to date! ;) What better way to follow them and see where he takes her ...

I used to ride bikes but stopped when I discovered gliding.
Can't afford either now sadly :(Have you seen the new electric gliders (like electric cars)? Makes me think of going back to flying again (did a Grob motorglider a little bit).

ErwinC
May 6th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I have a Moto Guzzi t3 850 California build 1977. Yep, I'm an oldtimer to.

Twitch6000
May 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Well my mom and her boyfriend are so I meet tons of them. Plus my brother is hoping to get a dirt bike then motorcycle so yeah.

I am the odd ball who games on the computer,skateboards,and listens to music.Anyways Do I get half a point?

By the way her BF has a Fatboy harly 95 special edition if I remember right.
Also one of the new ones I believe like a 06 or 07 <.<.

linux phreak
May 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Hi s_spiff what bike do you ride?.I own an apache 2006 black(Dec) model.

der_joachim
May 6th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Still taking biking lessons. In the Netherlands, you'll have to pass three (3! :shock:) exams to legally drive a motorcycle, so I cannot brag about my own bike yet. :(

uknowho008
May 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
im going to get a new little 250 ninja soon.

50words
May 6th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I ride a 1977 Honda CB750 F2 Super Sport. It is rusty and spits oil on my legs when I ride, but I love it anyway.

It gets better mileage than our cars, but I'll bet it also pollutes more in one ride to work and back than the cars do in three months.

I hope to get a Suzuki DRZ400SM for a city bike and rebuild and chop the Honda into a sweet streetfighter with some creature comforts for road trips.

Koori23
May 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
2006 Suzuki GSXF 600 (My first bike) and a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 (My fast as crap machine)

I've done both the basic rider course and Advanced Rider course and about 12 track days..

And no, I don't pull wheelies and stupid crap. You can get killed on a bike easily enough without those things.

gn2
May 6th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Have you seen the new electric gliders (like electric cars)?

No I haven't heard of them. Do they self-launch or just sustain?

Last glider with an engine I flew was a Nimbus 3DM, luvverly, much nicer handling than the comparable Ash-25.
Haven't flown for about 10 years and really miss it.

s_spiff
May 7th, 2008, 04:11 AM
Hi s_spiff what bike do you ride?.I own an apache 2006 black(Dec) model.
Ahh, well reading names of Gixxers...Honda Silverwings etc.. makes me wonder, when will India see these bikes at decently affordable prices. Presently R1 is priced at 7 lacs ( Rs. 0.7 million, approx 16.5k USD's). Anyways, even if its "decently priced" here right now, I still can't afford it.
As fo yet on a Pulsar DTSi 180cc 2004 ( last batch ) model :D :lolflag:

s_spiff
May 7th, 2008, 04:16 AM
2006 Suzuki GSXF 600 (My first bike) and a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 750 (My fast as crap machine)

I've done both the basic rider course and Advanced Rider course and about 12 track days..

And no, I don't pull wheelies and stupid crap. You can get killed on a bike easily enough without those things.
ROTFL... i liked the way you put it. Some of the newbs sometimes ask me, if I do wheelies ( on the 180cc bike that I am, people here are known to pull those dumb stunts quite well ). I reply " sorry, not a part of the Circus :P"
Unfortunately there are no courses available here for bikers. Unless someone starts it. It was once "upon a time" community project I thought I would take up. Never quite materialized :(. Though there are track days held at Chennai ( south India ) regularly. One just went by a couple of days back. Again, never had an opportunity to take part in this either. For sometime now i've been sticking to touring. That again has come to an haitus-stage cuz my parents worry too much about accidents and all :P

ebe326
May 7th, 2008, 04:59 AM
Can't imagine getting around any other way. I commute every day on my Ninja 650r. Of course right now I have it apart to get it painted. I hate having to driving my truck. It's so boring. And now with gas prices going out of control, its nice getting 55 mpg. By the way, I'm seriously considering having Tux airbrushed on the side. I found a picture of him where he looks like a ninja.

david

s_spiff
May 7th, 2008, 05:44 AM
Can't imagine getting around any other way. I commute every day on my Ninja 650r. Of course right now I have it apart to get it painted. I hate having to driving my truck. It's so boring. And now with gas prices going out of control, its nice getting 55 mpg. By the way, I'm seriously considering having Tux airbrushed on the side. I found a picture of him where he looks like a ninja.

david

Haha, nice idea. BTW you should google for naruto+tux. Some artists out there have made a tux look like ninja characters from the Anime Naruto.. and they look pretty nice! I saw someone on the forums have a kakashi sensi tux as his avatar..
check it out.

toupeiro
May 7th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Tried that once... It was a painful and expensive try... :) Next time I get on a bike, it will be in a training class.

Bubba64
May 7th, 2008, 07:21 AM
I don't ride anymore, but for years that was my only transportation I had 5 different 2 strokes 2 Rd 400 and 1 Rd 350 (Yamaha) 2 Kawasaki triples a 500 and a 750, 3 Honda 750 fours, and the last was a 900 Kawasaki Ninja. I stopped riding after coming home one day and having the chain on the Ninja just fall off the bike I could not find a chain that would last, but I rode like a maniac. The public and myself are much safer that I don't ride anymore.

hellmet
May 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I see a couple of threads in this section about music, mobile handsets and so on . So thought if there are any bikers here :confused:?
Ok since I'm into biking/touring on motorcycles, it so happens that on a tour, you end up meeting a lot of new people, developing new friendships, hell even forging deals in business! :guitar: So I thought, why not create a thread calling all you riders out here.:)
Dude.. which bike do ya own? Indian or SBKs?
I love bikes, though I own only a TVS Victor..
Do you know about xbhp.com ?
EDIT : You've a pulsar 180.. cool!

s_spiff
May 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah I do know xbhp. Although not a member of it.

Dragonbite
May 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
No I haven't heard of them. Do they self-launch or just sustain?

Last glider with an engine I flew was a Nimbus 3DM, luvverly, much nicer handling than the comparable Ash-25.
Haven't flown for about 10 years and really miss it.

It looks like they self-launch.
http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6238647-1.html?tag=ne.gall.latest.index (http://www.news.com/2300-11397_3-6238647-1.html?tag=ne.gall.latest.index)
I especially like pic#4 because I went to school in Nashua (for Flight Operations)! That's where I flew the Cap10b aerobatic and the Grob motorglider (as well as Cessna 152s).

regomodo
May 7th, 2008, 03:51 PM
yeah. i have a suzuki dr125. It's hardly a motorbike but tough as old boots and never broken down. Had it 8 years now [26years old]. It's been knicked 3 times, set on fire, and trashed by thieves once.

Only things changed are oil, filters, tyres, bars, levers, plastics, and final drive. Everything else is stock.

s_spiff
May 7th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Set on fire?? woah!

tadcan
May 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I just got a GSXF 750, sports tourer. It was a huge jump after my varadero 125!

s_spiff
May 8th, 2008, 07:52 AM
btw has anyone bought or made a radio comm set for their helmets here?

Koori23
May 8th, 2008, 01:34 PM
ROTFL... i liked the way you put it. Some of the newbs sometimes ask me, if I do wheelies ( on the 180cc bike that I am, people here are known to pull those dumb stunts quite well ). I reply " sorry, not a part of the Circus :P"
Unfortunately there are no courses available here for bikers. Unless someone starts it. It was once "upon a time" community project I thought I would take up. Never quite materialized :(. Though there are track days held at Chennai ( south India ) regularly. One just went by a couple of days back. Again, never had an opportunity to take part in this either. For sometime now i've been sticking to touring. That again has come to an haitus-stage cuz my parents worry too much about accidents and all :P

Well, I said that because as soon as you say you ride a GSXR 750, the automatic assumption is you're an idiot on the road.

I will say though, that 750 is like 415 pounds and makes 130hp. I have scared the crap out of myself in the past on that thing.

At one track day, I decided I was gonna take it right to the limit.. I did, 168 MPH.. That scared me a little..

I never understood why you'd take a 8,000 USD machine to ride around on one tire all the time and wreck the bike all the time. Hell, the fairing on my bike is 300 bucks a side.

Koori23
May 8th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I just got a GSXF 750, sports tourer. It was a huge jump after my varadero 125!

That's a nice bike, I still have my GSXF 600 (Your bikes little brother.)

s_spiff
May 8th, 2008, 02:28 PM
How much is a second-hand recent condition GSXF 600 priced at? Rough estimate?

Koori23
May 21st, 2008, 10:52 PM
How much is a second-hand recent condition GSXF 600 priced at? Rough estimate?

Recent essentially means the new 99-06 body style.

Outright, my NEW 2006 was 5K out the door, an 03-04 would probably be 3K, maybe less.

click4851
May 22nd, 2008, 02:56 AM
My first motorcycle was a salvaged titled 1988 Kawasaki EX500 I bought from the local wreckers, took the motorcycle safety course and got my liscense on that bike, sold it and bought a 2000 Buell X1 Lightning, love that bike.

.nedberg
March 15th, 2009, 08:34 PM
This is a rather old thread, but I'll post anyway!

I just got myself a "new" bike :D. I ended up with a Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 2002 model. The R-bikes I wanted turned up to expencive :(. I am very happy with the Fazer, though I have not gotten to ride it yet. There is still a lot of snow in Norway...

I have set up a small blog about the bike, you can find it here (http://www.nedberg.net/fb1/?p=3) (in Norwegian). The link goes to a post with a pictuer of the bike. I did not get the top-box, but I opted for a complete lower fairing. Can't wait to ride it!

craigeo
March 16th, 2009, 07:19 PM
95 Harley Electra Glide Classic here.
Actually in the 50's and low 60's this week so I should be able to finally get it out from winter storage.

Firestem4
March 16th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I got my motorcycle a little over a year ago. I ride a Suzuki Boulevard C90. Awesome cruiser.

It's my dads bike but I ride it 99% of the time. Kawasaki Concours 14. Awesome sport-tourer. Damn can that thing go fast :P

xl_cheese
March 16th, 2009, 08:05 PM
buell xb12s. I got it about a year ago. I'm having a blast on it. I even took it to a track school last fall and plan to do another in a couple weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsYItTVdHYk