PDA

View Full Version : To those who need a cd..

az
December 11th, 2004, 10:26 PM
After reading this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=32298&posted=1#post32298

it occurred to me that I could burn this guy a cd and send it to him before christmas. It probably would cost me less than a buck. I would probably be willing to do this for ten people, if the need was there. I am sure many people are waiting for the shipit process, but are going to be let down if they do not get their cd before christmas.

Would anyone else want to do this too? If so, I will set up a yahoo email address where people can send their mailing addresses in confidence. Willing forum people would post their intent to help here and I could send them the addresses (in their area) through private messages.

Would the forum moderator be able to post a link to such an email adress on the forum main page? I guess I would do it until christmas.

Do you think this is a good idea?

poofyhairguy
December 11th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Do you think this is a good idea?

Sure, I'll help.

amoser
December 12th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I will be more then happy to help, I live in the Mid-west of the United States

~Alan

jdong
December 12th, 2004, 04:40 AM
oh god, what are you getting yourself into! Expect hundreds of e-mails! LOL

TravisNewman
December 12th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I suggested a forum section here for a cd exchange for things like this, but never heard back from any of the other mods. I'd help if I weren't so freakin' busy lately, especially before X-mas.

az
December 12th, 2004, 01:51 PM
"oh god, what are you getting yourself into! Expect hundreds of e-mails!"

YES. Sure. Let's see how many people are willing to help. Are you?

"I'd help if I weren't so freakin' busy lately, especially before X-mas."

C'mon! You don't have the time to burn one cd and pop it into the mail? X-Mas is the point. Think of those who do not have a burner like you do...

Cygnia
December 12th, 2004, 05:05 PM
I'd be willing to burn and send out some CDs to people.

xsos
December 13th, 2004, 05:10 AM
Could i get one copy of the cd's :D location at indonesia :) , thanks

az
December 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Send me your mailing address.

Send it to ubuntuguy@yahoo.ca

I just created that email account.

Put the words ubuntu cd in the title since I am sure that this email will eventually get spammed and I will need to filter things out.

Merry Xmas!

Anyone live closer to Indonesia than myself (I live in Québec, Canada)?

shimon
December 13th, 2004, 02:21 PM
i got some extra in this area my order seem like 3x the amount mako told me he change it to, "my orignal order". i am welling to give them to anyone who want to give some out as i am really busy and can't i live in sydney rose bay area i can ship them for shipping cost

az
December 13th, 2004, 06:40 PM
The point is to do this for free.

Thumb, I see you are keeping tabs... Are you in?

amoser
December 13th, 2004, 07:19 PM
any one living in the Mid-west, and is in need of a Ubuntu CD, e-mail me with your address, I will ship them out for free. My e-mail is almoser@gmail.com

~Alan

az
December 14th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Xsos - It is in the mail.

rohandhruva
December 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM
Hi,

azz if u can send a CD to india please email or PM me or reply here.

Rohan.

az
December 16th, 2004, 10:33 PM
I sent your address to amoser, but he has not answered. I'll send you one right away!